xisto Community
cncinfotech

I Want To Install Phpbb 3.0 Please help me

Dear sir, my hosting application is already approved. I want to install phpbb 3.0 forum. Please help. Here are requirements.

Requirements

phpBB has a few requirements which must be met before you are able to install and use it. In this section, these requirements are explained.

(1) A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System with support for PHP

(2)A SQL database system, one of:

*FireBird 2.0 or above

*MySQL 3.23 or above

*MS SQL Server 2000 or above (directly or via ODBC)

*Oracle

*PostgreSQL 7.x or above

*SQLite

(3)PHP 4.3.3 or above with support for the database you intend to use. The optional presence of the following modules within PHP will provide access to additional features, but they are not required.

*zlib Compression support

*Remote FTP support

*XML support

*Imagemagick support

Do these requirements match ?

If requirements donot match for phpbb 3.0 i can consider for phpbb2.0 forum.

Please replay sir. iam waiting for your answer.

Edited by cncinfotech (see edit history)

Yes they do match, although we don't have oracle (which isn't required, unless your running an oracle server), and so you should be able to install that fine without any problems. Just make sure you read the installation file to make sure you do it correctly and not suffer any problems.

Yes, phpBB3 will run just fine on Xisto's hosting. I tried it out myself a while ago and it installed perfectly. Before you start, make sure you set up a database the forum can create all the tables in.