xisto Community
Arkan

Wordpress Problem [resolved]

Hello guys, hope this is the right place to post it. It's probably me being dumb, but I'm having a problem with the wordpress installation.AS many of you know, the installation process is rather simple but I can't find a small detail. The only things I have to complete in order to get the platform going are the following:define('DB_NAME', ' ???????????'); // The name of the databasedefine('DB_USER', 'arkan'); // Your MySQL username define('DB_PASSWORD', 'mypassword'); // ...and passworddefine('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); // 99% chance you won't need to change this valueWell, I can't find the db_name, can anyone help me find it? (I think you're laughing at the moment but I sometimes have problems finding the most obvious things while finding easily the ones that are hard to find :) )

You need to log into cPanel and scroll down to the MySQL Databases section. In there create a new database with a name something like wordpress or blog.

Then, go back to your configuration, and fill in the details. The DB_NAME is arkan_wordpress or arkan_blog, or basically arkan_whatever you called the database. The other three values you have set are correct.

Let us know if that works.

Unfortunataly, it doesn't work..this is the error I get: Can?t select databaseWe were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the arkanu_wordpress database. * Are you sure it exists? * On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_wordpress. Could that be the problem?If you don't know how to setup a database you should contact your host. If all else fails you may find help at the WordPress Support Forums.any ideas? :)

It seems to be working now, I'll just have to update the platform to the newest version and I'm rockin` again. Thank you for helping, you may close the topic if you want to, greetings :)