xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bishoujo

Co.cc As A Domain?

Is it possible to use co.cc as an actual domain? http://www.co.cc/ offers free url redirection and dns service. It's like uni.cc But when I tried to use add-on domain to add it, I get the following error:

Bind reloading on gamma using rndc zone: [bishoujo.trap17.com]Bind reloading on alpha using rndc zone: [bishoujo.trap17.com] Bind reloading on epsilon using rndc zone: [bishoujo.trap17.com] Bind reloading on shree using rndc zone: [bishoujo.trap17.com] The subdomain, sweet-box.bishoujo.trap17.com has been added.Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 222.122.45.50,58.121.85.222 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ip.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Removed sweet-box.bishoujo.trap17.com Server at line: 1176. Removed Entry from httpd.conf Bind reloading on gamma using rndc zone: [bishoujo.trap17.com] Bind reloading on alpha using rndc zone: [bishoujo.trap17.com] Bind reloading on epsilon using rndc zone: [bishoujo.trap17.com] Bind reloading on shree using rndc zone: [bishoujo.trap17.com] The subdomain, sweet-box.bishoujo.trap17.com has been removed.

sweet-box.co.cc could not be setup. The subdomain sweet-box. bishoujo.trap17.com was not setup either.

I've already changed the dns settings in my co.cc account

This error is happening because your webhosting provider does not allow to add Add -On domain. T is happening with me also but when I change my webhosting provider my error is solved and I am able to add add-on domain on co.Cc

-reply by techy

Is it possible to use co.cc as an actual domain? http://www.co.cc/ offers free url redirection and dns service. It's like uni.cc But when I tried to use add-on domain to add it, I get the following error:

I've already changed the dns settings in my co.cc account

I just got this free domain name and a simple e-store

Why do you want to use it? I think because they are offering free co.cc domains everywhere soon they will become worth than info was; that means not indexed by search engines like google etc. Hey, .com domain cost is only ~8-9$, it's so cheap actually.. I could never understand why people use all of these free domains. The only reason I can see is to use for something like homepage or photo-album.

Never had that problemCo.cc As A Domain?

I've never had that problem with my web host at all, they have accepted all of my co.Cc domain names and I have been able to park them as well.

There is nothing wrong with a free domain; although I did pay $3.00 for two of my 6 domains and about 8 for another of those 6; I think it is really unfair for some search engines to think they are all high and mighty and then they index subdomains.

Google does index co.Cc domains btw; my site is on the first page; I believe no. 5