xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wonbin

"gamer Buys $26,500 Virtual Land" (from Bbc News)

You gotta read this at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4104731.stm.

I had never heard of "Project Entropia". How can someone pay $26,500 on something that doesn't even exist? Okay, he plans to profit from other people who are paying for something - again - that doesn't even exist! I say those people should be the first ones to be put into the Matrix when the machines revolt.

This world is going f**king crazy. I feel like an old man, living in the past, 'cause I can't understand people like this kid. Coming to think that this is what the future is gonna be like...

I'd really appreciate some insights from you folks, so that I can accept the fact that today there are people willing to spend their money on stupid stuff like this instead of donating something to charity

what a friggin retard omg-OxideLeader of Breath of the Horde2nd Strongest Guild on the Horde SideWorld of WarcraftShattered Hand ServerHorde Side(Sorry we are currenly closed invite unless you have someone that is willing to sponsor you, send me a tell in game if you have any questions)?To Fear is to lose, and I don?t lose so why should I be afraid? ?oxide?Cleanliness is next to Godliness, so if you stink you?re the devil? ?someone?NO ONE MAKES ME BLEED MY OWN BLOOD?

You gotta read this at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4104731.stm.

I'd really appreciate some insights from you folks, so that I can accept the fact that today there are people willing to spend their money on stupid stuff like this instead of donating something to charity

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean. For something, only digitally real, it seems to be a very large investment into something rather pointless. It makes you wonder about the direction in which our morals are heading...

But I guess (just by reading the article) he has a chance to make a profit? As the "Virtual Money" in the game can be converted into real $USD, and by buying that he can charge people virtual money to use it/build on it, he "should" be able to make money out of it, eventually. Still, I think he would be better off investing in something like the stockmarket...

I know what you mean. For something, only digitally real, it seems to be a very large investment into something rather pointless. It makes you wonder about the direction in which our morals are heading...

But I guess (just by reading the article) he has a chance to make a profit? As the "Virtual Money" in the game can be converted into real $USD, and by buying that he can charge people virtual money to use it/build on it, he "should" be able to make money out of it, eventually. Still, I think he would be better off investing in something like the stockmarket...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's definitely going to have to be a long term investment... that's a huge risk! I'd rather same some extra money and possibly buy a REAL plot of land somewhere... I heard that in Arizona land's pretty cheap and it's the largest growing community in the US right now, even moreso than Las Vegas, which is booming.

It makes you wonder how obsessed people are with games. Is this guy for real? Or is he just some rich kid with a lot of money to blow? If this thing goes through for the kid though he could be on to something...

Its like Habbo Hotel and that new game from Miniclip... Robot Rage

Although, Its a good way to make money, brb, gonna learn how to make such an aplication.... :rolleyes:

I still dont see the point in paying your own REAL money to buy some data which could one day go bye bye if the site goes bankrupt or gets shut down... WASTE OF MONEY! :)

I've seen the game, I planned to just make a bunch of money, and transfer it into USD. Rinse, and then repeat.It's 100% possible and likely he will make money, for two reasons.1) He invested 26.5k2) He's not me. Everything I do fails.

I don't play these games but I think it is great that people enjoy it so much :rolleyes: . If has the money why not. People have spent allot more on entertainment then that.

I have started creating a MMORPG, a click-based one link Outwar.com and Kings Of Caos, I plan to make it so that you can Buy 'Virtual Money' with your paypal or back account and use it in the game, maybe buy and sell stuff to make a profit and the be able to transfer the 'Virtual Money' into real money...Similar to the way P.E. works but, Click-Based... :rolleyes:

I'm sure his parents are barking at him for what he COULD have done with the money...nice car, apartment, tuition towards graduate school...Hell, the tsunami happened just a couple hundred miles away, why not ship a few bucks over there? That is really sick...the article also mentioned how these type of "investments" may in fact become commonplace in the future.God have mercy on our souls. :rolleyes:

I'm sure his parents are barking at him for what he COULD have done with the money...nice car, apartment, tuition towards graduate school...Hell, the tsunami happened just a couple hundred miles away, why not ship a few bucks over there? That is really sick...the article also mentioned how these type of "investments" may in fact become commonplace in the future.

Oh, come on people spend millions on Yauts and will spend 100 thousand or more to go into space. Many people will spend thousands or more on vacations. People spend hundreds of millions to make movies. The money spent on the game goes back into the economy and the people who sold him the island could just as well spend it on the sunumi. Besides how much money does the kid have. Maybe he donated much more then that to charity in his life time.

As for spending it on a car. Cars deteriorate in value over time waste resources by buying gasoline. Information lasts forever. Support the hard work of the people that made the game if that is where the money went.

HEY ALLi am a beta tester for PE and i have also played heaps of other games like it i brought money on Habbo Hotel and "there" there is a really cool game see http://www.there.com/. but you do have to draw the line at getting married people on there got MARRIED!!!! 4 REAL!!!!!!!!! then they meet in person and hated each other CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO ARRRRRRRRRHHHHH :PB)B):DB)

what a friggin retard omg

-Oxide

Leader of Breath of the Horde

2nd Strongest Guild on the Horde Side

World of Warcraft

Shattered Hand Server

Horde Side

(Sorry we are currenly closed invite unless you have someone that is willing to sponsor you, send me a tell in game if you have any questions)

?To Fear is to lose, and I don?t lose so why should I be afraid? ?oxide

?Cleanliness is next to Godliness, so if you stink you?re the devil? ?someone

?NO ONE MAKES ME BLEED MY OWN BLOOD?

41039[/snapback]

haha lol. That guy musta been really dumb. Thats prolly the biggest scam I have seen yet. Buy virtual land for absoultly no purpose and no gain. That is dumb. :P:D

the world is insane. i used to play socom2 alot and there was a guy would played like as much as me but then he got final fasntasy X1 i think it is, hes paid like $400 in monthlys fees or something and then bought 'gil' for like real money, so that he could buy fake swords and *BLEEP*. its crazy what people will pay for these days.but if this guy can make a flowing profit off of his investment he a samrt guy for buying it... but i garuntee u hed b 1 of those ppl when as soon as the server went down hed FREAK OUT and call the company... whackjobs