xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guitar22891

How Often To Mow?

Just do it when ever it starts to look messy. If it doesn't grow in certain seasons, and you have a routine, it would be pointless to mow/trim when it won't look any different. Some times I dont mow for over a month, and other times a do weekly. It just depends on how it grows.

Well when the srping and summer comes I move about every two weeks; I have the blades set low, 1/4 inch I believe so its really short. However, if your person who likes a lot grass but want to keep it nice and pretty then make sure your blades are set high and just cut it once a week. But since you live in Florida I wouldn't be surprise if you have to cut it once a day with all that rain you get, but usually once a week or once every two weeks is fine.

I live in Florida, how often should I mow my lawn? Trim the bushes? or does it just depend on how big it gets?

Mowing here is based completely on rainfall recieved. If it does't rain, we may go 3 weeks or longer without mowing. In the spring when growth is very rapid, it has to be done in less than a week.

Be sure to check on your local laws, some towns can fine you if your grass gets too long, they have ordinances that sate a specific length the grass is allowed to reach. Since I have a kennel, I am also told by the government how often I should mow. That can be a real nusance if the grass is growing faster than we can keep up with it, like it always does in the spring.

With you being in Florida, where the plants are growing all season, I'm not sure what to tell you about trimming bushes. Most should only be trimmed when they are dormant in our area. This is the month I will be prunning all my fruit trees. Some plants/shrubs can be killed if not cut at the right time. You might have to do a search on the individual bushes you have in your yard to see the proper times for trimming/pruning.

mow the lawn like once a week... set a day like saturday... about mid day! just dont do it when its wet, first, it will really mess with the lawn mower, youll be emptying the grass catch about a hundred times every few minutes, and it will look REALLY bad!!! last tip, dont let it get too long! too long and itll be too hard to cut with out a weed eater, and itll make your lawn mowers "gas mileage" go way up!! you could go through like a tank for half the yard depending on how long it is and how much the mower has to work!!1

Cutting the lawn depends on how much rain or sun it gets.If there is no rain and not much sun you could probably gotwo weeks without cutting it.What's really funny is lawns where one part of it gets more sun lightthan another.The grass will grow more on the one area.Which means sometimes only half the lawn needs cutting.Ridiculous but true.

How often you should mow also depends on where you are at. For example, in the city your grass must be below a certain height. Where I live(in the middle of nowhere) there are no restrictions, so if we want we can do it once every couple months, or whenever we feel like it.I live in Texas where it doesn't really rain a lot, but when it does the grass grows fast. Aside from those times, though, we only have to mow like every other month.The biggest thing to consider(if you don't have restrictions) is that mice and snakes love grass. To keep them out you have to keep it trimmed, :)