xisto Community
PinQ

Gmail Or Hotmail Gmail vs Hotmal

What's better Gmail or Hotmail??  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No matter how I am now using both hotmail and gmail. But the reason of using hotmail is just because I used it before Gmail is released.Hotmail is something more like outlook, but it's too slow to me.Gmail is a good email service regard emails as some threads like forums, this feature catched me, Browse email that way is more clear than before.And Gmail has good technology to deal with spam, it's better than most email service I used before.

Always gmail. Gmail is the best. As I said in the another topic, gmail has more features, even that is a beta. Love gmail!And I like the spam filter. Is much better than hotmail's one. In hotmail i get 6~30 spam emails per day! In gmail 1~5 spam emails per month. Big diffrence! Best email service that I ever used!

I luff GMail. I can remember the good ol' days when you had to be invited. I kept sending invitations to myself. Hotmail isn't as good. GMAIL looks more professional, it has less ads.

Posted Image

This is a picture extracted from a Tech Crunch entry. All rights reserved and credits to go Tech Crunch by all means.

Alright, well, as we can see from here, Gmail beats them all. Right now, they already have a built-in RSS service, so leave that RSS service out. Ok, speed is also another crucial unique identity it has kept since the start it was launched and built (beta to release). Secondly, if you ask me how google earns money from Gmail, ok look at the area where:

It is above "Archive | Report Spam | Delete | More Actions >< |Refresh"

And in it you can see on the uber most right: "Webclip < > | Customize"

Then you hover over to the link, look at the browser area where link names are shown even before you haven't clicked. (It should be at the uber most bottom left)

I've never tried using Gmail, and dont intend to.I'm perfectly happy using hotmail because I can send and receive emails, I'd never use up even half the space in my lifetime and the spam filters seem to work pretty well.

I thought it over seriously, no email is the perfect choice. I read an October edition, PC World and on a backpage, it read something related to Gmail. It said that someone had gmail inbox full and people who sent him mail got mails they sent popping back to them. He got frustrated when he realised that the amount of mail he gets has the amount of space taken up faster than the free bytes he gets back. "..."Then, i come to think again, space is never enough until all of us invent a super-computer or a extremely powerful computing programme that gives a user the space they need or under a special request. Read below:User (Process=signup) -> Account (Unlimited space, or say, space is given under request) -> Happy User![in the server, this occurs] -> emails are compressed and will be decompressed under request (This occurs to oldest mails)Hope this is a great idea. Not boasting. If gmail goes ahead with this = All of us will rate it the best. Secondly, how can you prove it's HTTP based and not Pop3? Actually, i don't quite get you.

i dont understand why was this topic initiated i nfirst place? i mean isnt the choice so obvious? i have been using gmail for over two years now and although gmail had become a bit stagnant for a while, i dont think hotmail ever came into competition.. yahoo was the one who kept on innovating.. but wid the recent release of gmail 2.0, gmail has taken email to the next level.. gmail 2.0 is fast and furious and generations ahead of competion..-cheers, forever..

I definitly vote Gmail. Hotmail may have 5GB now, but gmail has 4.5GB or somewhere close, and even with 500MB less space gmail does run nicer and doesn't have all the flashy looks hotmail provides that adds several seconds to loading times. I also love how i can chat with some of my friends through gmail. I was working with a friend on a website and all I had was his gmail address, didn't need to get his email and AIM, just his email and you can chat with your friends on the side while checking other mail. Also, Gmail comes with a google account so you have the same account for about 50 different google things including: orkrut, image portfolio, web space (100MB i think), igoogle (custom home page with widgets), spreadsheets and docs (write school papers on multiple computers without moving your files), and so much more. I think it's not just gmail that's better, but the whole google service. I've found that microsoft products are always way too bloated and just take up to much processing power/ bandwidth.

Hotmail is definately better!Gmail has ads inside the applet >.>I think Gmail is integrated better into its site than hotmail, and has less stupid errors, but regardless, I find hotmail much better.Gmail is annoying and the server takes forever to open on my computer.Those are just my thoughts, though. Maybe I shouldn't say these inside the Google services forum xDHouse

Edited by House (see edit history)