xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ashiezai

Sad News For Asia Tsunami or Tidal Waves and Earthquake

There's been a magnitude 7 aftershock already! Kinda reminds of the movie "The day after tomorrow..." except it wasn't caused by global warming. However, landstructures in the world is getting a bit crazy... In Japan, there was a magnitude 5 earthquake right after the big one, and the water level in South Asia has not stopped rising...

Kinda reminds of the movie "The day after tomorrow..." except it wasn't caused by global warming.

...and poorly acted, poorly scripted, and rediculously cheezy. :rolleyes:

and the water level in South Asia has not stopped rising...

That can't be good.

As it is, they really have know way of predicting earthquakes. I'm sure after this they'll be putting much more effort into that.

Did you know absolutely NO ANIMAL died from the 150000 deaths (except for humans)... I guess animals have what we call "the sixth sense!" If humans are considered "highly intelligent" beings, why can't they detect an earth quake from their little machines and contraptions while elephants with a brain the size of a golf ball knows to evacuate? This is crazy!

I heard something about that, but how do they really know that? It's hard to make such a statement with any certainty regardless of what happened.When the water withdrew because of the oncoming tsunami, many people went out into where the water once was to see what was going on. From what I've heard, it withdrew as much as a mile in some locations--that is, a mile of exposed sea bed! That's amazing!

yeah. as per the news i heard more then One Lakhs Twenty Five Thousand people died in this disaster. Many people are homeless. i heard that again there was earthquake of 6 richter scale. The god has been cruel to them twice. let us hope it doesnt happen again.

the world is just so screwed up these days!i heard that since the huge tsunami and the earthquake...it pivoted the earth by like 2 meters or something (doesen't sound like much but its a big deal) and it sped up the earth's rotation by one millionth of a second!and it dramatically dropped all the sea levels around the world!things just keep getting worse...

it' rather sad to hear so terrible disaster have happened in many poor region.do hope everything goes well in any area of earth,but human being can not control natural disaster...umm,in spite of anythig trouble,come on,with our warm hearts to kind the nature and let's share life delightly everyday!from good mood on now...happy in 2005!

As a result of the strongest earthquake in 40 years and massive tidal waves in the South Asia on December 26 2004, more than 140,000 people in the area are dead, missing or separated from their relatives. Families all over the world have lost contact and are without news of their loved ones in the region. As the consequences of the earthquake and tsunami, at least 80,000 people were killed in Aceh alone.The total of homeless people being counted in millions, and with millions more at risk from hunger and disease. Please contribute to the tsunami relief. You could save a life.

https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation

https://www.directrelief.org/

http://www.charitynavigator.org/

http://www.crs.org/

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

http://www.unicef.org/

This huge loss of life is very sad whenever it happens. It just shows you how we are all vulnerable to such disasters. One reason people may not feel as devestated as they were about 9/11 is that the tsunami was a natural freak disaster that could not have been planned for but I was actually surprised that no warning system existed in the South-east asia considering how prone this area is to earthquakes. I think the amounts being donated by the donor countries will not be enough in the long-run. The affected countries will need long-term assisstance to help re-build the affected areas.

This is horrible. The amount of the victims is really huge, I was shocked when I heard about the number of those dead. I'm living in a region where are no earthquakes and tsunamis, so I can't imagine what this kind of a disaster is like. I'm feeling sorry for all those people who have lost their relatives.. it's really so awful...

Yes what happened over there is sad. But the only way this is going to get better is if the people head forward. I do not mean to sound like I don't care. But they have to move forward. But even after all of this the countries affected will never be the same. I send my prayers to the people involved in the accident. They have more faith than I do.

Its horrible and worse of all there was no warning :rolleyes: . I hope that the countries that where hit decide to get a warning system setup in the future.Does anyone know how many countries have donated to the countries hit?Last i heard was that Japan has donated more money to the realif fund then even the USA. And even music groups are getting involved, such as linkin park which has donated 100k of there own money into a fund that they have started. I hope more music groups take after them and donate as much as possible.

I dont knw what to say,this was terriable disaster,as far as I know know is nuber of death people reach the number of 125.000!!AlsoI heard that is even Michael Shumacher donate 10.000.000.Eu for victims of tsunami!!This is very sad and its horriable story!!My prayers for victims of Tsunami!!!