xisto Community
Acraine

Full Metal Alchemist

Has anyone here watched the FMA series in its entirety? What did you think of the ending? Also, a new FMA games for PS2 is coming out mid-january. Anyone planning on getting it? I've also heard rumors of an FMA movie coming our next summer. Evidently, it takes place two years after the series ended. I wonder if they find eachtoerh (you'll only know what this means if you've seen the ending of the series.) Here's an article from Megagames about the upcoming game:DescriptionSquare Enix announced that FullMetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel will ship to retailers nationwide on January 18, 2005. The action role-playing game will be available exclusively for the PlayStation 2 system. FullMetal Alchemist expands the story in the anime series which airs on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming. The tale follows the adventures of brothers Edward and Alphonse Elric on their quest to make right the mistakes of their past.The early success of the anime series on Cartoon Network shows the great amount of potential the Fullmetal Alchemist franchise holds in the U.S. market, said Ichiro Otobe, president and COO of Square Enix, Inc. We anticipate that American players will find the game to be as addicting as the Japanese fans have found it. The Fullmetal Alchemist franchise, which encompasses comic books, a novel, TV animation, and games, has enjoyed a phenomenal amount of success in Japan.In a forbidden act of alchemy, Edward and Alphonse tried to raise their mother from the dead and lost their left leg and entire body, respectively. Immediately after the accident, Ed sacrificed his right arm to save Alphonse's soul and transplanted him into a suit of armor. The action begins as the two brothers head towards Central City in search of the Philosopher's Stone, the only object that can return them to their natural states.Based on the wildly popular anime and manga series in Japan, FullMetal Alchemist has made its way to America, beginning with episodic programming on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. The series spans 51 episodes in a story that ranges from tear-jerking drama to hilarious comedy. The anime series has been extremely well received by fans and media alike with a DVD release set for 2005.FullMetal Alchemist for the PlayStation 2 expands the tale in the anime series and is accompanied by fast-paced gameplay in which players can alchemize objects for use in battle. The story takes place in a lost chapter from the anime series during the Elric brothers' journey to Central. With animated cut scenes and in-game graphics that are the same quality as the TV series, the game ties in seamlessly with its anime counterpart. The key to gameplay depends on how well the player utilizes the versatile battle system. Over 50 transmutable objects ranging from trees to trash cans litter the landscape, allowing the practice of alchemy to have unlimited potential. In addition to controlling Ed, players can also equip the sub-character Alphonse and call him to aid during heated battles. --Copyright 2004, Megagames.com

ahh.. never knew there was a game for FMA. i knew there was a show for it but not a game.

me too,i have watched the good japanese show named Full Metal Alchemist too.
maybe it is a good game.eager to have a try. :rolleyes:

Has anyone here watched the FMA series in its entirety?  What did you think of the ending?  [...] I've also heard rumors of an FMA movie coming our next summer.  Evidently, it takes place two years after the series ended.  I wonder if they find eachtoerh (you'll only know what this means if you've seen the ending of the series.) 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that the ending was good. I mean, considering how some other anime shows end, it's actually a decent one. A lot of times anime series build up to this huge confrontation and then the directors realize they only have one more episode to finish. As for the storyline ... sounds interesting, but could be boring. You can guess there's going to be conflict on Al's side, but whatabout on Edward's? All he's going to be doing is researching... and I heard it's RL stuff, so like physics and whatnot. Takes the whole "mystical" part out of the show... it seems like it could be too predictable. As for finding each other, they could, but I'm hoping they won't and they continue in another series :rolleyes:

XP, i always expect a video game for every animei really like full metal alchemist, but i've never really tried the game. I don't know why, even if i buy a game to the anime of my biggest obsession, i won't play it cuz i'm stuck on my computer :rolleyes:but full metal alchemist seems interesting, i might buy it if i become any more richer

I just have read the manga.... Not yet the anime, but I think Fullmetal Alchemist is very good! I like FMA! I dont know about the game.....Um.... anybody know the place to download the anime? I want to watch it, but I didn't find FMA in anime rental in my city.... T_T Please tell me!

i have heard pretty much about Full Metal Alchemist, i want to see the anime too, and i didn't know there was a game too it seems very interesting, anyways ryuukossei where did you download the mangaaaa ;_________; you got to tell me O_O.. and about downloading the anime, why don't you try using the kazaa or edonkey or Ares?

I just love FMA! I have complete series of Anime and the movie!They just own.. One of the best anime i've ever watched.. I wish they make some more FMA :) I also saw some pics of the game but never seen nor heard anything else about it o.o

It's such a beautiful series. I can't count the number of nights I had trouble sleeping because of how excited I was to watch the next episode.I've always wanted to try one of the games, but I never have been able to due to money constraints, or a game store not having a copy when I actually had the money. ;_;

I just love FMA! I have complete series of Anime and the movie!
They just own.. One of the best anime i've ever watched.. I wish they make some more FMA :angry:
I also saw some pics of the game but never seen nor heard anything else about it o.o

I have seen most of the episodes and I gotta say FMA is one of my all time favorite anime. I don't own the series, although I desperately want to buy it...if I had money. And I haven't played the game. I was planning to rent it first, since most games based on anime usually suck except for the occasional exception, but it was already reted...I want to see the movie so bad but, like I said before, I'm pretty much flat broke at the moment.

Anyone know where I can buy the complete series, the movie and/or the game at a semi-low price? As you may hae not guessed I don't work much since I haven't graduated yet therefore I don't have much time to work. I should be starting again sometime this or next month so if anyone knows where I can buy the series, or any other good anime you could redomend, I'd appreciate it.

Also, does anyone have any local anime conventions they go to? I went to the library one and they showed the first 3 episodes of FMA, which by the way, I have never seen, and I really liked them. I tried to talk the owner to letting me borrow them, she owns the complete series, but she wouldn't so that really sucked. I guess I'll just have to keep wathcing it on Adult Swim until I can buy them.^^

Doesn't the anime have a completely different storyline than the manga? I found it confusing to read the manga then watch the anime. FMA in general is a pretty good series in off itself. I really want to see the game when it comes out.

Doesn't the anime have a completely different storyline than the manga? I found it confusing to read the manga then watch the anime. FMA in general is a pretty good series in off itself. I really want to see the game when it comes out.

Not a lot changed. Almost all manga change when they go from comic to tv or vice versa. The storyline is still the same, lost limbs/body trying to bring back dead mother and they are looking for the philosphers stone. I read the manga then watched the anime and there are a few differences but the overall content is basically the same.