xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
keego

Moisturiser Before Applying Makeup Or Even For Everyday Wear anyone know a good moisturiser?

Hey allWell ive used alot of moisturisers like OLAY .. even some from overseas.. anyone ever used one that is really good and stops skin from being dry when you apply foundation?Cause you know how sometimes you can see dry bits on ur face because the foundation is quite dry or the powder makes ur skin look dry?i know there are moisturisers or rinsing lotion for you to use before applying makeupany suggestions?or even everyday moisturiser to make ur face less dry.. and not so dehydrated .. let me know

Hey keego!Well, my best friend is a make-up artist and she usually uses MAC moisturizer on her skin before applying foundation, but MAC is REALLY expensive, so as an alternative, she uses Nivea sometimes. I use it too, and it works really well.You might want to try using a different foundation if it makes your face so dry though, and drink a lot of water. It's really goodfor your skin. Some foundations you might want to try are Max Factor Colour Adapt and Neutogena Visibly Firm Moisture..Hope that helps. :)

Hi keego,

I would suggest that you buy a moisturizer according to your skin type rather than brand name or popularity.. It makes a heck lot of difference to the skin when you use the right or wrong type :)

My mom uses Nivea and I too use that along with aloe vera gel as I travel a lot by public transport.. But Olay too is good, a link I think that might help your search :(

http://www.skincareguide.ca/

Have A Happy New Year!

I love a moisturiser from VICHY. I have really dry skin, so it is perfect for me. It also helps prevent acne. :) You can buy them on a drugstore or something like that. They have also got a wonderful cleaning gel, that I use too remove makeup. But you wanted a good everyday moisturiser, right? It is called NORMADERM, and the bottle looks like this:

Posted Image

It also helps prevent shiny areas and is a very light cream so it does not "plug" your pores.

Im not sure if my tips are really helpful because some of them are already given by the other members but here are my suggestions.1. wash your face daily with facial wash to help you face freshen up2. if the foundation makes your skin dry, maybe try another that will suit to your sensitivity.3. nivea is a really popular brand and is not that expensive too. many people have had great results from this product.