xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamescoper

Is Link Right Handed Or Left Handed

In twilight princess Link is right handed in the Wii version but left handed in gamecube version so has Link really become normal or is it just a phase, also all of the TP screenshots show link right handed some times and left handed other and i got confused a lot anyway this is important so post now

Twilight Princess is a popular game and Link is the key character there, around whom the whole story revolves . Source -Wikipedia

Link is left handed, to my knowledge.They made -him- right handed for the Wii version of TP because of the Wii Remote.In every other Zelda game, the sword is in his left hand.

The only reason Link is right-handed on the Wii version of Twilight Princess is because the majority of the human population is dominant in their right hand, so they'd probably use the Wii remote in their right hand when playing the game. To avoid confusion or any illogical gameplay, they flipped not only Link, but the ENTIRE game over (aside from text of course) from the original Gamecube version.Note: Yes, the Wii version was released a month before the Gamecube version came out, but production of the game originated on the Gamecube, therefore it is a platform game for the Wii.

He could very well be ambidextrous. Did anybody think of that? I did not notice that though, I am gonna take a look at that. (Gets on Wii to see difference between OoT and TP)

Well, it seems as if Link would be left handed. Then switched to right for Wii Games. The question is; Will he always be Right Handed in future Wii Games? Or will they switch him back to left? :P

The only reason Link is right-handed on the Wii version of Twilight Princess is because the majority of the human population is dominant in their right hand, so they'd probably use the Wii remote in their right hand when playing the game. To avoid confusion or any illogical gameplay, they flipped not only Link, but the ENTIRE game over (aside from text of course) from the original Gamecube version.
Note: Yes, the Wii version was released a month before the Gamecube version came out, but production of the game originated on the Gamecube, therefore it is a platform game for the Wii.

Wait, were the maps flipped in the Wii version? I mean, I knew they flipped link for the Wii so it would e user friendly, but i never heard that they did that with the map as well....
Edited by Inhuman (see edit history)

I never really put much thought into that. I dont remember ever noticing he was left handed but I guess you guys are right. Especially after seeing DSGamer3002's signature. I guess you guys know more about zelda than me

Link's left-handed, they just changed him to right handed in the wii version so right-handed players could use the sword more easily. You notice that in the gamecube version they flipped it back because it doesn't matter whether you're left- or right-handed. 

-reply by Sheba

In twilight princess Link is right handed in the Wii version but left handed in gamecube version so has Link really become normal or is it just a phase, also all of the TP screenshots show link right handed some times and left handed other and i got confused a lot anyway this is important so post now

Link is actually left-handed. In the wii version of Twilight Princess, everything is completely mirrored compared to the gamecube version. In Ocarina of Time 3D, there is a master quest version of the game that you unlock when you finish the origianal mode where the entire world is mirrored and the dungeons are a bit different to the origional mode. On master quest Link is a righty but origianally he's a lefty. In Skyward Sword, I've noticed he's a righty. I'm a lefty and a proud Zelda geek. So overall, he is left-handed :D