xisto Community
coolcat50

Software Opinions

i dont know about open office or works but i say open office because it's free but if works already came with the laptop you should leave it alone unless it'realy bugging you.

for the media player i say WMP i works pretty good for me.

for recording my desktop i use camstudio it works realy well but it would probably slow down the game.

Edited by etycto (see edit history)

I would recommend OpenOffice (although if you have professional needs and have the money for it, you should pay and get MSOffice instead).As for the media player, I'd forget about winamps and windows media players... Why not use foobar2000? It's a free player with tons of features. It's not the prettiest (but it can be prettier, if you really need it). Also, what's the point of having a skinned media player when all it's going to do is sit right there in the system tray? Go for foobar2000, believe me.As for the recording thingy, there's a free software like camtasia called camstudio, I think. Some other user has already mentioned it :)

About media player, you can try KMPlayer (http://forums.kmplayer.com/forums/forums.php). It's free! But it's really amazing. It can plays most of media files (music and movie files, flash, CD, DVD, ...) and provide many useful tools, plugins for watching movies, listening to music.I like the 'Subtitles' options most. It's very convenient because you can choose the position, size, effects and it can display many subtitle languages at the same time! (for me, it's good for learning English).Try it! And you will like it! ^^ IT'S FREE!

So, i'd basically recommend you install OpenOffice, foobar2000, mpc (media player classic), CCCP (combined community codec pack), and camstudio, a free desktop-recording software... I don't really know if camstudio records games... never tried that. You can always try fraps for that (not free).

Edited by pedro-kun (see edit history)