xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
8bit

Ds Online Soon? almost

I dont see how its possible to do it since you would need many things. But it may be possible if you have a wirless broadband provider!

Wow this is.. a little sad. Are you aware of what xlink is? it is a program which uses a router cable to act like a system link cable. so you can use the internet to play others in lan type games. useful for halo as it has lan but not online. DS has wireless lan, so does it even have a place to connect a system link cable? and it cannot use internet.. because its not euipped to do so. PSP has wireless online, not ds. there would be little point in an xlink 'online ds lan' game. the games are not worth it to go through the trouble of configuring your wire router to work with a ds. this wont happen... its simply not worth it

The DS I belive is allready online but Nintendo has mad them so there not at the momment...if you look at the USA and AUS Nintendo DS mini sites you would see hints leaning towwords online now or in the future.Also Nintendo have said this "with the right software you can use the DS on the interent"The DS is fun...it will go online soon....but nintendo dosnt want to at this point in time...maybe the DS will go online when its out all around the world.

i think they need to come out with a cartridge that allows you to surf the internet using a wireless router or connection. That would be awesome to be able to surf on the ds. Hopefully it comes online soon. It sorta gets boring playing against with people that are close to my ds.

Surf the internet on the DS? That'd be cool. The screen would be extremely small though but hey at least it would be better than nothing I guess! I can't wait to see!

I doubt they'll let you surf the internet, but maybe do some stuff like online stats and whatnot. I don't know if it would have the speed & power for a MMO game, though. I have a DS, btw, and the wireless is awsome! :P

Source: ds.ign.com/mail"Technical savvy Nintendo DS owners have indeed been poking around the DS hardware to see what sort of WiFi capabilities the system has..................................... So, as a result, if we've been hearing things correctly, Nintendo will finally and very, very soon, reveal its own "Xbox Live" like service for developers to adopt. And the first game out of Nintendo to use this service will be one of those massively killer Nintendo brands that people have been wanting to play online for years..."I had to stick a alot of .'s cause of how long it is you guys should go read it.

Source: ds.ign.com/mail

"Technical savvy Nintendo DS owners have indeed been poking around the DS hardware to see what sort of WiFi capabilities the system has..................................... So, as a result, if we've been hearing things correctly, Nintendo will finally and very, very soon, reveal its own "Xbox Live" like service for developers to adopt. And the first game out of Nintendo to use this service will be one of those massively killer Nintendo brands that people have been wanting to play online for years..."

I had to stick a alot of .'s cause of how long it is you guys should go read it.

44858[/snapback]

wow, that sounds awsome! I've heard of plenty of peoples doing some research on the WiFi capabilities, but never heard of something this! I can't wait, but hopefully it's not very expensive. I wonder what massively kill Nintendo brand they'll make online?

Bandai was able to connect the DS to PC and Square Enix AND Nintendo is tunneling...but I think when the Nintendo Revolution comes out it will totally make the DS onlin cause of its bulit-in WiFi and broadband.