xisto Community
karlosantana

Ubuntu All The Way! I hate ms

There is a guide on the Ubuntu Wiki which goes through it all in more detail.

I tried reading it but all I got at that webpage by that time is that it was put down since many people were misusing the wiki :o

Oh well, but I found other guides in google anyway, I actually found a really cool webpage that had a bunch on linux tutorials. It was really good and had lots of screenshots, I definitely recommend it for any new linux user. I am probably going to install linux in a virtual machine for internet and do all my music production related stuff in windows without internet since linux cant run any of my programs.

I dont think linux is bad, especially ubuntu, but I disagree that it is as easy to use as xp as everyone says. Sure most people can do everything in linux if they wanted to but I guess most of those people bought their computer with a windows oem version. They probably wont really care about saving a couple hundred bucks since its already preinstalled and since it is the operating system they will most likely bump into whenever they see a pc.

I dont think linux is bad, especially ubuntu, but I disagree that it is as easy to use as xp as everyone says. Sure most people can do everything in linux if they wanted to but I guess most of those people bought their computer with a windows oem version. They probably wont really care about saving a couple hundred bucks since its already preinstalled and since it is the operating system they will most likely bump into whenever they see a pc.

Right, but I think if they were told that they could save X dollars just by switching the OS and being able to do the same exact stuff that they do on Windows, they might reconsider. It's just that they're more familiar with XP/Vista and expect free things to be crap. Also, it may require a bit of knowledge about technology, but in a society where intelligence is looked down upon, you're outta luck. Edited by dre (see edit history)

brother, I think you should take a Google looking for the special edition of linux distro for music editing. you will see that actually, linux gives you a focused on a purpose operating system, fully customizable, and a very good 3d desktop.and for those who did not really get their personal computer personally built with well chosen hardwares and get a built up pc at store, I think you will regret if you did not learn how to build your own pc personally by your hand, soon.