xisto Community
lady

Islam and Peace??

...Islam is abt peace infact Islam means Peace and someone said above that its necessary to know the situation when the ayah was revealed, its exactly the true thing! and its the most misused thing!

many people just narrate the ayah , without telling and knowing the situation in which it was revealed!...

1. Please be specific and not generic. We here to learn from one to another.

2. Read my post [ http://forums.xisto.com/topic/54456-islam-and-peace/page-2#entry367642 ]and tell me where I was wrong in my understanding. Tell us why these verses "ayahats" that I mentioned in my posting and what the situation in which it was revealed!. The extremists still using these verses to justify their nasty actions. You can explain to them what were wrong in these understandings and why you decide that verses were deleted or replaced and why they are not relevant to our days. And that not only because of the weakness.

3. Also you have to teach us by telling how Islam was spread to Egypt , all countries of North Africa, Spain, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afganstan, India, Pakstan, Bangaladish, Turkey, Bosnia, Albania, Islamic republics of former Soviet Republics, Mangolia, etc... Tell me what they taught to me in history in governement school in Egypt [was wrong]. Egypt is now Islamic country after conquest of Arab and they call that proudly "Al Fath". I know all these from school and my mind and feelings and know how few of us the native people of Egypt survived and still Christian. How we are suffering till now. How we suffering until we coud build or repair a church. Why we imigrated to Australia, USA, Canada and Europe for the prosecution in our land. Ask Armenian, Serb , Asserian people how they suffered.

4. Using the language literally and say "Islam mean peace" is not correct. I know Arabic language and know Islam" mean surround [but to God] i.e surround yourself to God.

5. We want to learn from you and you also have to learn and think what happened in the history without any prejudice or be leaded with other interpetation. We are here to exchange knowledge

Edited by kasm (see edit history)

True, but you can't judge Islam by studying the Muslims. If you want to study Islam, go study Islam not the Muslims. I'm not saying all the Muslims are bad or anything but if some of them do something wrong; it doesnt mean that that's what Islam says to do.I will be posting an article here that replies to those who claim that woman and men are not equal in Islam. And it also deals with some other myths about Islam. That is if I can find the link again.

I think she meant that post for me. Anti-Islam terrorist, pfft.

The only ones who seem to have a myth about Islam are the followers. No matter how much that offends you, that's the sad truth. I am yet to receive any counter-arguments to my posts. If in Islam women and men are equal; then any of these two impossible things are true right now:

[1] The meaning of equality is actually it's opposite.
[2] The definition of Women has changed.

And please do us a favor and don't post "articles" by Zakir Naik and Harun Yahya, I have no time to waste on easily countered propagandas.

I would like to know, just one thing, a single thing which makes women equal to men in Islam and I'd never look down on Islam again. Women were in a much more better position in society in Arabia before Islam. Muhammad's first wife Khadija? She was a prosperous business woman. Infact, Muhammad would've been nowhere if not for her support and wealth.

Islam is abt peace
infact Islam means Peace
and someone said above that its necessary to know the situation when the ayah was revealed, its exactly the true thing!

It's kind of funny how Islam still remains about peace even after every alternate verse consisting of a death threat to infidels and non-believers. Islam means surrender, surrendering oneself to God. The right type of political correctness is to speak nothing at all. No, it's not necessary to know the situation in which the Ayah was revealed, 'cause Islam is supposedly the last word by God which would be preserved and would remain the same and applicable for all coming centuries and civilizations, Islam was never meant to be a "temporary remedy". And if you do impose that it was, then why do you call yourself a Muslim now? When evidently, things have changed, and they'll keep changing the same way. Islam failed to prove itself 1400 years back, it definitely fails at it now. If we do take the time and situation in which the Qu'ran was revealed, it just stabs back at it's validity. I could go into detail if you want me to.

I think she meant that post for me. Anti-Islam terrorist, pfft.

The only ones who seem to have a myth about Islam are the followers. No matter how much that offends you, that's the sad truth. I am yet to receive any counter-arguments to my posts. If in Islam women and men are equal; then any of these two impossible things are true right now:

[1] The meaning of equality is actually it's opposite.

[2] The definition of Women has changed.

And please do us a favor and don't post "articles" by Zakir Naik and Harun Yahya, I have no time to waste on easily countered propagandas.

I would like to know, just one thing, a single thing which makes women equal to men in Islam and I'd never look down on Islam again. Women were in a much more better position in society in Arabia before Islam. Muhammad's first wife Khadija? She was a prosperous business woman. Infact, Muhammad would've been nowhere if not for her support and wealth.

It's kind of funny how Islam still remains about peace even after every alternate verse consisting of a death threat to infidels and non-believers. Islam means surrender, surrendering oneself to God. The right type of political correctness is to speak nothing at all. No, it's not necessary to know the situation in which the Ayah was revealed, 'cause Islam is supposedly the last word by God which would be preserved and would remain the same and applicable for all coming centuries and civilizations, Islam was never meant to be a "temporary remedy". And if you do impose that it was, then why do you call yourself a Muslim now? When evidently, things have changed, and they'll keep changing the same way. Islam failed to prove itself 1400 years back, it definitely fails at it now. If we do take the time and situation in which the Qu'ran was revealed, it just stabs back at it's validity. I could go into detail if you want me to.

sylenzednuke, even it is out of topics, but I don't notice any post about women in Islam that they promised except my posting to this forum on 31 January about Women in Islam. May be they mean it but they found it shows the unequality. Visit my post:

Women in Islam: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/55358-women-in-islam/

I have lot of clips in Arabic discussing the man right by Koran to beat the wife.

Assalam-o-Alaikum!

(Peace be upon You)

Media is showing Islam in the wrong way. The non-muslims are using the weapon of media to embarace Islam. We muslims should use Media to spread Islam. I love Dr Zakir Naik & Shaikh Ahmad Deedat! The way they remove the misconceptions from the minds of the non-muslims is great. We all should pray for them. They are striving to present Islam in the correct way (In simple, they are doing Jihad). We should first strive to be good human beings and then strive to spread Islam i.e. Da'Wah (Invitation). There are many ways to do that but its our ignorance because of which many non-muslims have misconceptions about Islam.

Hey can you explain more about it....

because i so confuse about it...

and how about why we live and turn our religion to islam....

and when we turn to islam, how to choose the correct islam is?

and how to intregrate our religion?

as we know that islam in Al Qur'an devide into a lot of piece and just one of them is correct?

how to fill it?and get it?can you help me?

anyone please......

:P:D:P:D^_^

1. Please be specific and not generic. We here to learn from one to another.

The extremists still using these verses to justify their nasty actions.

I for one condemn those extremists, they are terrorizing people for some purpose that IS NOT Islam and the people who follow them are sadly mistaken.

3. Also you have to teach us by telling how Islam was spread to Egypt , all countries of North Africa, Spain, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Afganstan, India, Pakstan, Bangaladish, Turkey, Bosnia, Albania, Islamic republics of former Soviet Republics, Mangolia, etc...

Conquest of Hearts my friend. The wars that were fought afterwards were not primarily for 'spreading Islam'.

5. We want to learn from you and you also have to learn and think what happened in the history without any prejudice or be leaded with other interpetation. We are here to exchange knowledge

The History is crippled by the conquerer, you can never learn historical truth by reading those books.

Have heard this argument way too many times, finally decided to read and try and understand the Qu'ran myself. Which when I did, was quite happy too so I won't be fooled again. If rape, terrorism, sexism, racism and much more is considered peace, then Islam definitely is a religion of peace. Muslim "terrorists" are just people who've actually understood the Qu'ran and the Hadith well.

Well, I don't know what you've read then. It certainly wasn't qu'ran!

Let's look at the history of Islam:

During the whole previous century, Muslim land was colonized and we all know why! The greed of occidentals led them to kill many innocent people, stole most of the wealth in those countries, made profit on the suffering of millions poor people, being unable to defend themselves.
After that, when they left, they have chosen the people who will stay in governance on these countries... first, after they have divided the ottoman empire, they have chosen kings, presidents and even whole governments, who accepted to be the representatives of occidental policy and affairs, under the masks of country dirigent.
these kings and presidents, are just put there. They are just obeying the command from people, who are superior in the hierarchy, which means America, Israel and Europe. Their true mission is to maintain division between Muslim brothers, their mission is to maintain ignorance between Muslims, their mission is to make the land of Islam the furthest possible from real, true Islam.

Laws in Islamic countries are broken, since alcohol is publicly sold, since the ill and orphans are not well treated, since the rich forgets the poor, since everybody lies, since everybody takes corruption, since banks get interests...
The Arab leaders' mission is to maintain this, since they have to chose, either to be with their people against occidental unjust policy, or to be with the occident against their people.

The occident knows very well how Islam can change Arab people...this actually happened 1400 ago... when true Islam came, Arabs were just like we see them now... fighting one another, ignorants, cheaters, corrupted, and prisoners of roman and persian policies...

Islam, TRUE Islam, made them change RADICALLY in 20 years and after less than 100 years, when the Islam vibration continued from Spain to India, great developments were made, racism had disappeared, inequity was stranger to Muslim land, since the zakat ( purification of money) helped to insure the poor. Still, the occident and Israel know all this very well, that's why they are engaged in this war against Islam... they do the best possible to mislead people... now Islam is shown as a religion of terrorism and violence, thanks to the American media, network, the internet, and to those cheaters who kill innocent people in the name of god...

Come on people, we are humans, we have brains, we should think, ask, look for answers, read about history, about future, and about TRUE ISLAM.

Let's look at the qu'ran now and see what true islam actually is.

Mohammad said:

Who ever kills one innocent soul, will be punished as if he killed all mankind!

Then how can Muslims be real Muslims and kill innocent people?
Think like this: TERRORISTS ARE NOT MUSLIMS, THEY ARE FALSE MUSLIMS, just LIKE CRUSADERS WERE NOT CHRISTIANS BUT FALSE CHRISTIANS!

Mohammad also said:

There's NO DIFFERENCE between Arabs and non Arabs NO DIFFERENCE between black people and white people. The ONE thing that makes difference is fear of THE GOD

Do I need to say more to make you people think that all Muslims are maybe not that bad and that Islam is something GOOD and POSITIVE??
Edited by heavensounds (see edit history)

Well, I don't know what you've read then. It certainly wasn't qu'ran!

If you don't know what I read, you can't be sure that it wasn't Qur'an.

Let's look at the history of Islam:
During the whole previous century, Muslim land was colonized and we all know why! The greed of occidentals led them to kill many innocent people, stole most of the wealth in those countries, made profit on the suffering of millions poor people, being unable to defend themselves.
After that, when they left, they have chosen the people who will stay in governance on these countries... first, after they have divided the ottoman empire, they have chosen kings, presidents and even whole governments, who accepted to be the representatives of occidental policy and affairs, under the masks of country dirigent.
these kings and presidents, are just put there. They are just obeying the command from people, who are superior in the hierarchy, which means America, Israel and Europe. Their true mission is to maintain division between Muslim brothers, their mission is to maintain ignorance between Muslims, their mission is to make the land of Islam the furthest possible from real, true Islam.

Laws in Islamic countries are broken, since alcohol is publicly sold, since the ill and orphans are not well treated, since the rich forgets the poor, since everybody lies, since everybody takes corruption, since banks get interests...
The Arab leaders' mission is to maintain this, since they have to chose, either to be with their people against occidental unjust policy, or to be with the occident against their people.

The occident knows very well how Islam can change Arab people...this actually happened 1400 ago... when true Islam came, Arabs were just like we see them now... fighting one another, ignorants, cheaters, corrupted, and prisoners of roman and persian policies...

Now, here we go again. Muslims have been exploited, just like it happens in every century to someone or the other. But it's completely irrelevant to the genuineness of the Qur'an. If asking for sympathy is the way you think Islam can be proven right, then you're sadly mistaken. You're just making a boring joke of yourself.

Islam, TRUE Islam, made them change RADICALLY in 20 years and after less than 100 years, when the Islam vibration continued from Spain to India, great developments were made, racism had disappeared, inequity was stranger to Muslim land, since the zakat ( purification of money) helped to insure the poor. Still, the occident and Israel know all this very well, that's why they are engaged in this war against Islam... they do the best possible to mislead people... now Islam is shown as a religion of terrorism and violence, thanks to the American media, network, the internet, and to those cheaters who kill innocent people in the name of god...

A threat to be burnt in hell, in a book which promises to be true. A book which uses pseudo-Science to prove itself to be a word of God that can only appease cavemen or the ignorant. This can make anyone change. The Mughal emperors of India were one of the best this World will ever know. No wonder Akbar deviated from Islam and went on to form his own religion. No wonder the Mullahs were so pissed off every now and then at most of them.
Deviating from the overly-accused America for awhile and examining things in a bit more general way, "Islam literally translates to Peace" is a propaganda while reading an Arabic dictionary and discovering that Islam means "slavery to God" is something I think is just ... right. Gets you thinking, isn't it?

And no, terrorists aren't cheaters. You are.

Come on people, we are humans, we have brains, we should think, ask, look for answers, read about history, about future, and about TRUE ISLAM.

I am Human. I have a brain. I did think. I did look for answers. I did read about History. And thus I landed up onto the conclusion that women getting half the inheritance of their male counterparts just cannot be accepted as equality. That the impossibility to prove a rape is something good that Islam brought to the World, cannot be agreed by me. That comets are God-sent missiles to destroy the tower of Jinns, is anything close to reality is something I cannot believe in. I cannot overlook the hundreds of contradictions in the Qur'an and I cannot stand Taqqiya. I cannot overlook the Hadith itself mentioning that many of the Sharia laws were peddled by Muhammad himself. That Allah is anywhere near merciful when he promises to furl the fire of Hell with infidels, is something I cannot believe in. I cannot believe in Islam being a peaceful and tolerant religion when one of the most important duties it bestows upon a Muslim is to eradicate all faith but Islam. I cannot overlook what a disgusting joke Islam is.

Then how can Muslims be real Muslims and kill innocent people?

I'd like to say where exactly he said that. And then you'd be surprised to know how there are 5 contradictory verses for each verse you give me.

TERRORISTS ARE NOT MUSLIMS, THEY ARE FALSE MUSLIMS, just LIKE CRUSADERS WERE NOT CHRISTIANS BUT FALSE CHRISTIANS!

Go kid your own self.

Do I need to say more to make you people think that all Muslims are maybe not that bad and that Islam is something GOOD and POSITIVE??

Yes, you need to say alot more than this, since this is thoroughly inadequate and inaccurate. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it just is.

Hey, I am a muslim and I want the whole world to understand that islam is a religion of peace.
Ok, the Al-Qaida is a group of muslim terrorists but hey, not all muslims for part of that group.
I for one,and most families in my country are against terrorism.
you can't imagine how much it hurts to be judged because of other people's actions.

Hey! What are you saying? I am sure you are not a muslim and you are aganist the muslims. Because which muslim can say "muslim terrorist". There can not be muslim terrorists. Right one is "Terrorism has no religion." Think what you are saying!
Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

When Moses came down from the mountain with the TEN Commandments in hand, the first being thou shalt not kill, he saw a new statue of some animal, so Moses sent soldiers to the local village to slaughter over 3000 people! Maybe Moses should have read the Ten Commandments. lolAll of these religions are hypocritical, saying peace from one side of their mouth and war from the other side. For Christians and Jews to attack Islam and vice versa is the pot calling the kettle black.