xisto Community
Sandokan

Virus..

I sorta suggested that but using a screenie of the code rather than the actual code on T17 as a screenie is a lot safer than having mal-code on the forums as its always possible there would be a leak. So i would say use a screenie instead of the code itself just in case!

Ah yes you got me :-) Nice! How many screenshots can you fit the page onto? :)

Did you disable the windows recovery before scanning in safe mode? Also I found the solution since this Trojan goes by another name js.wonka. So do what this website says in order to remove the Trojan from your computer, and if that doesn't work wipe the hard drive and reinstall, because firewall is not going to be able to protect your computer since that Trojan is planted in nice and comfy into your computer. So any firewall or AV will think its a windows file such as it has been since you first posted this and no anti-virus software is picking it up, and so if you have to go with the re-installation make sure you have firewall and anti-virus software installed, and then update the software ASAP and you should be fine.

Well, I thought since reinstalling Web Page Maker didn't help it was the save file, and I was right. I will work from my last save file en remove the other one, I hope that with that the problem is solved, if not, I will inform you.

BIG THANX FOR EVERYBODY'S GREAT HELP!!!!!!!

Ok, it worked for this ones but now I wanted to upload another one and it was back, Ill just keep trying the suggestions :)

Greetzz

Well it seems that you have no other choice but to reinstall your computer because if this Trojan has affected you that much you have no other choice but to reinstall. For it seems that this Trojan has infected your whole computer and any files you put on it will get this tag and I don't want to remind you the bad effects of transferring files from an infected computer. So your down to your last resort if you couldn't remove the trojan from the computer and that is the reality of things.

norton antivirus firewall inhibits downloading, slows down computer

Virus..

Although a quality tool, Norton Antivirus definitely inhibits and slows-down my computer, prevents me from accessing my paid-for on-line internet websites, and more importantly prevents me from accessing thousands of free nostalgia-movie download sites, via a Kosher accessing CD Rom.

They have very kindly refunded-in-full my recent Norton renewal, but I still have their controlling tool stuck on my computer, and - despite using Add/Remove, is is still stubbornly staying there, so I am at a loss as what to do.

Has anybody else experienced the same difficulties, and - if so - how did you manage to break-free from Norton and this all-time computer control freak ?

Cheers and thanks. Gerry George

-reply by Gerry George