xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stevethedog

Scary Stuff - Don't Buy A Python!

My friend lives with a girl who has a pet python and freakishly it sleeps curled up by the bottom of her bed apparently, that alone is enough to scare the living crap out of me, pythons, crocs and komodo dragons seem to be about the most scary things in the world as far as i'm concerned.Now, the thing doesn't eat for two weeks so the girl is a bit worried and takes it to the vet, the vet says it's a bit strange because it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with it so he says bring it back if it still isnt eating in another 2 weeks or something.2 weeks go by and still the same so she takes it back and the vet says still looks perfectly normal, asks her if its doing anything else unusual and she says that instead of curling up at night it seems to be stretching itself out sometimes.The vet then straight away says that it will have to be put down, as it seems possible that it's preparing itself to eat her Red FaceWhen i heard this it gave me shivers, i've always found it weird how people keep pets like that, seems cruel and not in the slightest bit sensible, it's the things nature to want to eat nice big warm living things isn't it?The bit that seems unbelievable to me is it sleeping by her bed, surely if you did have one you'd have to at least keep it in some kind of cage?? I wouldn't believe it if i heard it most places but she's certainly not the type to make something like that up, possible somethings been lost/exagerrated somewhere along the way i guess though, anyone know anything about snakes and whether this is likely to have actually happened as told?

Well anything you find on the web could be way exaggerated. You'll never know something until you can experience it yourself. Also you should quote what you found, it could be infringement. Also saves bandwidth for the users with a slow connection, don't get me wrong, a mod said that :)

Ewwwwww... Im an animal lover but I cant do snakes spiders lizards or anythign creepy crawly like that, Now my husband loves them he has had lizards and just a couple years ago he had 2 snakes. 1 was just a little garden snake and the other was a childrens python. I never held or touched them I hated them being in the house. But thats jsut me and i have a dog and 2 cats so I had to be fair and let him have his animals to. one time the garden snake was lost in our house for a couple weeks, that was so scary for me, I was afraid to get up at night. lol I know its silly but I really have a fear of them..

I cannot do spiders or crabs, but strangely, I am at home with snakes, I quite like them.But I would NOT let one sleep next to my bed, or even in my room! If, in the offchance I decide to have a pet snake, it would be in a secure cage away from our pet chooks (and no we dont eat the chooks, their our pets), us, the cats and the dogs and it would be in another room.But I highly doubt the snake would be able to eat her unless it was an anaconda, and to let one of those near you is plain suicidal.Its like having a pet Tarantula loose in your room!

Are you kidding,How can someone have a python as a pet,I don't think thats a wise thing to do.And its true python,crocs and komodo dragons are really scary and how can someone have a python as a pet,but it looks really interesting because this the first time I have ever known that someone has python as a pet.So I don't think I would ever have a python as a pet can't even think about it and I am serious of what I just said because pythin is really scary.

oh wow now that's some scary junk i'm not a pet person cat dogs and python now that's kinda over the top for me. but it's realy funny because the snake is streching itself out to get bigger so he could eat her that's mest up but realy hillarious. how long did it take her to decide to kill it.

Ok, call me old fashion, but I fail to see the facination some people have with weird creatures for pets. To quote from Jim Stafford, "I don't like spiders or snakes...." I just don't get it. I barely understand having a cat for a pet. They are independant, and only pretend to love you when they want something. Unlike dogs, who love you all the time, crave your attention, learn to do neat tricks, lick your face when they can, entertain you when you are bord, try to cheer you up when your blue, and just generally do their best to be your friend.

Cats are cute as pets, and they comfort me when I am sad, and try to make me happy.What I really dont understand is how people can have pet Tarantulas. Like EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I would never visit or live in the house of someone with a pet Tarantula. How can it make you happy, it scares the living daylights out of you. Plus, if it escapes, it might crawl into your mouth in your sleep and therefore you would choke.Bur their just ugly, horrible things that should be thrown away and forgotten. I am reasonably sure that they dont naturally live on the Australian continent, so why must people import such a vile menace and make it lay eggs so they can spread Tarantulas around the country? Now that is just plain criminal.

When you buy an animal, you should always think twice. An animal is actually a quite big thing to handle... you can't just throw it out when you don't want it anymore. (Though some people do that)But a snake? I would never have bought a snake.... :S Uff, uff uff.

I know someone who had a pet Tarantula, he left in about the mantlepiece one day and left the fire roaring.He thought he damn spider would just move if it got too hot but beleive it or not, he came home from shopping to find his spider curled up dead in the same postion as he left it!!On another note, my dad converted his tropical fish tank into an african tree frog tank.We fed them crickets. One day the frogs managed to escape and to this day my old man does not know how.My sister went to school and one jumped out during her exams. Quite funny indeed!And there was still one missing... My dad went through to fed the ones that havent escaped in the morning, He walked through in his slippers and dressing gown and heard a squish as he put his foot down.Lifted up the slipper to find the frog sticking between the floor and his slipper covered in goo. :o

These creatures are meant to live in the wild and I think it's really selfish to try to domesticate them just because it's 'cool' or unique to have such pets. It's a poor deal for both the owner and the pet. I hope is guilty about having caused a python to be put down because she and other irresponsible animal breeders try to defy the law of nature.