xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
polter

Sun Exposure Linked To Lower Lung Cancer Risk

For years, doctors have professed the dangers of sun exposure and studied the links between UV radiation and skin cancer, but researchers are now exploring the cancer fighting properties of moderate daily sun exposure. Data from 111 countries worldwide indicate that lung cancer rates are highest in countries furthest from the equator, where sun exposure is lowest. Regions nearest the equator report the lowest rates of lung cancer. Sunlight promotes vitamin D production in humans, and researchers believe that this vitamin plays a vital role in halting tumor growth.

I read this on thefreedictionary.com. I think spending some time under the sun is always good, not only because of the above mentioned, but for overall physical health.

You know, I almost hate to say this, but I'm beginning to reach the point that I don't believe anything any of these "studies" come out with. Seems like every few years they come out with a new one that contridicts an old one. Some years ago if you were even a few pounds overweight that was bad, then just a week or 3 ago their saying a few extra pounds may actually help you fight off illness. The sun was causing skin cancer, and now it's curing not only skin cancer, but lung cancer as well. They tell us not to eat eggs cause those are bad, but now they are a good sourse of low fat protien. Eat vegtables, don't eat meat. Ok, eat some meat. I think in the future I will just eat and wear and do as I dang will please and take my chances.

sounds suspicious. doctors who look at xrays are very talented people. if they suspect something, dont delay. maybe it can be stopped before it spreads anywhere else. my mom had a routine colonoscopy and was diagnosed with colon cancer, had bowel surgery and was back to normal routine within 2 months. if she had ignored it, she wouldnt be here today. please encourage your dad to go for further testing. they may do a bronchoscopy (run a light down) to get a good look and take some biopsies. thats an out pt procedure and they can determine if it is for sure cancer and what kind.Mike

I read this on thefreedictionary.com. I think spending some time under the sun is always good, not only because of the above mentioned, but for overall physical health.

Too much sun exposure will also make you look older too. Based on what I had read, a person that is always expose to the sun makes his skin wrinkled faster, and also based on my observation here in the tropic country, a farmer is much look older compared to a person working in the office. Here in tropic country if you want a good sunlight for your skin, expose it in the morning sunrays between 6 to 7am. This is one secret to make you look younger.

radames