xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mortalmatt

Windows 2003

i was wondering who all here uses or knows information about windows 2003? i read in the unix vs linux post of someone who used win2k3 rather than a linux distro. i am wondering what's good in it other than the jsp/asp servlet running builtin? i am using windows xp pro

To my knowledge, windows 2003 is only a partial upgrade to Xp, essentially ported to allow for beter server based applications. If you are gaming or just word processing, lol,. 2003 won't really do you that much good. I am really ecited for Longhorn though, that should be incredible, especially with the 3D desktip stuff that they are doing. I wonder how well that will work oon a standard desktop though, Have you heard anything about longhorn?

Exactly :) There will be an "Avalon" interface.The WinFS file system (I don't know what it this :D ) is for 2007 in a service pack :) Grrrr ! I can't wait for 1 more year :D I think Windows XP's interface (green and blue version) is really ugly...PS : Who use Service Pack 2 for Windows XP ? :rolleyes: