xisto Community
coolcat50

Start Multiple Programs With One Shortcut Windows XP

How to execute a bat file via php scriptStart Multiple Programs With One Shortcut

How to execute a bat file via php script ?

Regards.

-reply by Naved

Great tutorial but what would you use this for? I mean it could be useful once or twice but then it just gets annoying but still a good tut

Such as for multiple game clients (if your PC has good ram and a good processor) for games such as Dream Of Mirror (DOMO).... You know, you could always run the client/file in Sandboxie or Virtual machine. I think... *scratches head* good tutorial if i ever wanted to run multiple game clients or multiple clients. The question is, will they interfere with interactions (suppose 1.exe is a spammer for a game and types "suck it" and you run multiple? would it interfere?)

Great tutorial man!!!It's need to me in Microsoft man pages, but it isn't.You help me a lot with this annoing "one window only" problem!Thx!

There is an easier method.

Simple make a file notepad.cmd file that has the desktop link names in it. e.g.

@echo off

start Bid-O-Matic.lnk

start calibre - E-book management.lnk

start Fling.lnk

start Steam.lnk

Works like a charm and is nice and simple.

add this to your batchtaskkill /f /im chrome.exeI'm using google chrome in my example but you can use any command found in the system path if it's not in the system path then you must specify in the command line, for example:taskkill /f /im c:\utilities\someprogram.exe?I hope this is what you were looking for and if anyone is even reading this old post :) I found it so mayby others will too.:Easis

I was actually looking for something just like this. Thank you so much.
Now, just one question to take it a step further. Is it possible to write a shortcut that terminates one application and launches another? For example, I use RocketDock on my desktop because I prefer it to the native quicklaunch. I want to be able to launch games off RocketDock, but whenever I do, there is a strange flicker and I'm forced to ALT+TAB back to the desktop and shut it off manually. Is there a way to write a shortcut that will both close RocketDock and launch another app?