xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

1967 Video Predicted Email, Online Shopping, Online Banking And More

OMG is all I have to say and when they mention hoax the first time I thought it until you get into the video later and the fact they talk to one of the original actors who was in that video. Of course you may recognize the guy as well as he was a popular gameshow host as well. Of course after watching that video awesome as it is, that video is a bit eerie especially when ARPANET was still in its early stages of development.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The thing is there are probably hundreds of people who made predictios like this and some predicted the same thing or were completely off but this seems to be a coincidental find that just so happened to be correct. Of course it is pretty cool to see they they were able to somewhat see where technology was going but the same is done by people today and at least some of the predictions we make now will become truth at one point.

When my mom was growing up, one of her teachers asked the class to predict what would it be like in the future. And she said that people would use computers to do their shopping and most of the students thought that it was a silly idea back then. :P

Edited by omarsdali (see edit history)