xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
flyingbird74

How To Get Over Discouragement.

I am discouraged becuase I dont have a job, I am shy, dont have many friends, am not in a position to obtain a girlfriend, and i dont see any way to get rid of those problems. I was wondering how I should keep those problems from discouraging me so I can get on with my life and actually do somthing with it. thanks for your help!

Edited by flyingbird74 (see edit history)

i've been there in my mid 20's. maybe not your specific circumstance but relatively the same issues. the problem is you think too much :) if you are going to think too much, then think about what you DO have rather than what you DON'T have. postive thinking bud. that's key. ok. you're shy. i was too. still am. being shy though doesn't doesn't force you to not do things you would normally do if you weren't shy. YOU prohibit your own self. i've battled shyness. i have forced myself to do things that i normally wouldn't do. i see other people who aren't shy accomlishing the things i wanted to accomplish. i get embarrassed if the spotlight is on me. i don't like it. but, i learned to force myself and push myself to do things i felt i needed to do despite my shyness. i didn't allow my shyness to stand in the way of what i know is RIGHT in my life and other peoples lives. i will still always be shy, but i wont allow it to control me. you don't have a job? well first, make a list of everything that interests you. then keep reading it until something strikes out at you. you want to get a type of job that interests you so you don't end up quiting or being fired after only a month or two after working there. once something stands out, go looking for that job wether you need to grab a newspaper or go to school for it or even work for yourself in that job type depending on what YOU want to do with your life. suck up your shyness and discouragement and your probable fear of failure and disappointment and make some baby steps in the areas of your life you need to improve

friends :D most people only have 1 or two good friends bud. you don't need many friends in this world to survive. outgoing people seem like they have many friends, but they don't. they are just outgoing and know how to strike up a conversation. your girlfriend issue....who cares right now. start taking care of your own life before you consider sharing your life with someone. i'm sure you agree with me on this one since i think you hinted to that point with no job, shy, etc...

now, you take care of YOUR self by listening to YOUR self. not listening to what others tell you about you including ME! the person who knows you the most is YOU so don't expect anyone to understand you fully. i lived in limbo for a while in my early 20's. it was no fun. i figured out that during that time, i was meant to realize things about my life and how to change. i had to change my mindset in how i viewed life and not view it how society and family trained me to view it from an early age. basically, life is what you make it. it's true. you may feel you live in a negative environment so clean it up and change it. i remember when i was getting down on myself, i was a slob and got worse over time and when it came time to change, i couldn't because i created a messy environment that i had to clean up. i also had to change my attitude and how people viewed me so i can get a positive reaction from others rather than a negative one. there is a lot going on here and there is a lot i can say to the possibilities that might help. but having trouble with understanding fully a 2 line post :P i'm sure there is something more going on here on a deeper level that you didn't mention. in fact i feel it strongly

can you elaborate on your situation? i'd like to know your age and your living environment and your interests. people are cool here bud. very caring and respectfull and if you ever need a friend...well....you know where to find me :D

I am discouraged becuase I dont have a job, I am shy, dont have many friends, am not in a position to obtain a girlfriend, and i dont see any way to get rid of those problems. I was wondering how I should keep those problems from discouraging me so I can get on with my life and actually do somthing with it. thanks for your help!

anwiii is absolutely right. Flyingbird, even if things don't go your way you just have to keep trying, and don't get discouraged, and for me the best way to not get discouraged is to talk to other people about what's discouraging me. Even if you don't have many friends, there are always people who are willing to talk to you and help you, and just because you don't have a lot of friends doesn't mean anything, because people who seem to have a lot of friends oftentimes don't have any real friends. So, just, don't get discouraged, because everything that's good can be hard to accomplish, and even though sometimes you might not feel like you're getting anywhere, keep trying, because you will. :P