xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aagat

Dog Care Basics

Dogs and humans have been best friends for long. While dogs give unconditional love, loyalty and friendship to their owners, we are responsible for their proper care, food and water, shelter, safety, regular veterinary care and exercise. Here are some tips to take good care of your dogs: Collar your dog and attach an ID to it with the dog's name, your name, address, and telephone number. These tags are a great help when a dog gets lost to take him safely back to his home. Legal requirements for adopting the dog and obtaining tags are quite essential. Get your dogs vaccinated against rabies and other diseases at the correct time. A valid-license and a rabies and ID tag does not mean that you can let your dog roam freely anywhere. Once off your property, the dog must always be on leash. Proper shelter for a dog may include a fence yard and a doghouse for large and active dogs. However, most dogs crave for companionship and do not like to be alone for long periods of time outside the home. The family should spend some time with him too. Regular veterinarian check-ups will keep your dog healthy. If you do not want to breed the dog, get it neutered, which is just a routine surgery. It helps your dog to live longer, be healthier and have fewer behavior problems. A nutritionally balanced diet with constant access to fresh water is as good for your dog, as it is for you. Trained dogs behave better and share greater bonding with their owners. Use positive reinforcement training techniques to train the dog. Walk your dog twice a day to exercise your dog and keep him physically fit. However, the level of exercise depends on the breed and age of the dog. Be as loyal and faithful to your canine as you expect him to be to you. Any persistent behavior problems should be brought to the notice of your veterinarian.

hey, great post! i appreciated it because i am not just a dog lover but an animal lover in general. after my dog "trigger" passed away at 14 a couple years ago, i have refused to get another dog but i think i'm getting one for christmas from my wife. she doesn't know how to keep secrets :P i mean.....i know how to get things out of people and can sometimes read their thoughts heheh...

i loved your post because you were right 100% in what you said! and it's important that everyone understands proper care. i liked the postive reinorcement training rather than hitting a dog. getting your dog fixed will definately illiminate behavior problems. it was interesting to experience that first hand myself. i always thought it was cruel :)

the i.d. tags are a MUST even if the owners don't think they will ever lose their dogs. my dog trigger ran away as a puppy and i didn't have an id tag yet. i thought our fence was secure but that smart dog found the littlest hole in a fence that was hidden by ivy. i was depressed for 2-3 days until it was returned back to me.

anyway, GREAT post for awareness. couldn't have been better written. i used to train dogs and i was always having to train the owners as well :D

aren't dogs great with their unconditional love? the owners owe them proper care. i can't wait to get my puppy. the only thing i don't know is the breed but i gave some hints. better be a golden retriever or a lab. i married in to a standard poodle. although i love this dog to death, i really never considered it mine. it is VERY attached to my wife with a freaky 6th sense. and "booker" talks to me all the time about my wife and her moods. it also sleeps on my side of the bed right now. i realized over time that dogs will talk to you. you just have to know how to listen. not with your ears, but by close observation and intuition and empathy so if i were to add anything to your post, i would add to observe your dog and try to figure out what your dog is trying to tell you. it's a fun and rewarding experience and your pets will love you that much more for it gauranteed! :D

Dogs and humans have been best friends for long. While dogs give unconditional love, loyalty and friendship to their owners, we are responsible for their proper care, food and water, shelter, safety, regular veterinary care and exercise. Here are some tips to take good care of your dogs:Collar your dog and attach an ID to it with the dog's name, your name, address, and telephone number. These tags are a great help when a dog gets lost to take him safely back to his home.
Legal requirements for adopting the dog and obtaining tags are quite essential. Get your dogs vaccinated against rabies and other diseases at the correct time.
A valid-license and a rabies and ID tag does not mean that you can let your dog roam freely anywhere. Once off your property, the dog must always be on leash.
Proper shelter for a dog may include a fence yard and a doghouse for large and active dogs. However, most dogs crave for companionship and do not like to be alone for long periods of time outside the home. The family should spend some time with him too.
Regular veterinarian check-ups will keep your dog healthy.
If you do not want to breed the dog, get it neutered, which is just a routine surgery. It helps your dog to live longer, be healthier and have fewer behavior problems.
A nutritionally balanced diet with constant access to fresh water is as good for your dog, as it is for you.
Trained dogs behave better and share greater bonding with their owners. Use positive reinforcement training techniques to train the dog.
Walk your dog twice a day to exercise your dog and keep him physically fit. However, the level of exercise depends on the breed and age of the dog.
Be as loyal and faithful to your canine as you expect him to be to you. Any persistent behavior problems should be brought to the notice of your veterinarian.

I would lke to ad just one thing. Collar and tags are fine for when your dog gets away from home in your local area, they can mean a quick return from someone a few blocks away. But in order for your pet to be truely safe, it should be micro chipped. Collars can get caught in fences and bushes, etc, and hang your dog. And they can be removed by thieves. Did you know, that if your dog is stolen, and you later find it in someone else's yard, you can't get your dog back if they say it is there dog unless it has some identifying mark that you can use to prove ownership? So many of the breeds look exactly alike that you can't prove it is your dog without it. You have to have a way to prove owership, and a micro chip that is recorded with the manufactor is an excellent way to do that. The companys that manufactor the chips generally provide free of charge, scanners to read the chips to all humane societies and dog pounds. So if your dog ends up there, the chip will be read and you can get your buddy back. The chip is small, and is inserted with a needle just like giving your dog a shot. It is coated and does not irratate the dog, and lasts for the dogs lifetime. Always remember, if you move, be sure to update the company that you have your dog listed with.

HiDogs are believed to be descendants of wild wolves. They were the first wild animal to be tamed.Dogs are naturally adorable and intelligent, a good companion.Regardless of which kind of dog you choose- big, little, smooth haired, shaggy, fast, slow, playful or dignified, dogs make wonderful companions. Enjoy their companionship and remember they need plenty of love, attention, and petting to be happy!For More information Visit http://www.dog-health-care-information.com/ -reply by dogcare2

Dogs and humans have been best friends for long

Dog Care Basics

Animals and Pets of every type - don't we just love them? It doesn't matter whether you are a 'bird person', a 'cat person' or a 'dog person' or even if you are into something more exotic, we still love them all. And one of the criteria for being well-adjusted is the ability to share love which means you never let them down.

Websites including

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ where you will find everything you want to know about Dogs and humans have been best friends for long.

-reply by dogcare4

Dogs and humans have been best friends for long.

Dog Care Basics

Replying to aagat

Dogs are believed to be descendants of wild wolves. They were the first wild animal to be tamed.Regardless of which kind of dog you choose- big, little, smooth haired, shaggy, fast, slow, playful or dignified, dogs make wonderful companions. Enjoy their companionship and remember they need plenty of love, attention, and petting to be happy!

-reply by dogcare4

Hi Everyone :)

Dogs are believed to be descendants of wild wolves. They were the first wild animal to be tamed. Regardless of which kind of dog you choose- big, little, smooth haired, shaggy, fast, slow, playful or dignified, dogs make wonderful companions. Enjoy their companionship and remember they need plenty of love, attention, and petting to be happy!

For more information Visit
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Most of us will have experienced some kind of dog psychology. Dogs have a way of getting us humans to do exactly what they want.Although dogs can understand a surprising amount of verbal and body language, dog psychology and the way they process information is quite different from us humans.

I found this link very helpful:

http://www.dog-health-care-information.com/

As humans begin to understand the very real need for total acceptance and a kind touch, we're realizing that dogs can often help people more than people can help people.Dogs help people heal, both physically and emotionally.

Visit http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
for information about rescue, caring for your dog, how to choose a dog, dog stories, dog quotes, and more.

DogCare2 mentioned "Most of us will have experienced some kind of dog psychology. Dogs have a way of getting us humans to do exactly what they want." I totally agree. Link ( my 7 month old Australian sheperd) paws the door to go out to potty. However he sometimes does this randomly just to see if us humans will open the door! What a brat eh? LOL! We've learned to tune that out because if he REALLY needs to go he paws at the door, waits and then comes to get one of us.He's also really good in letting us know when he wants to play and what kind of game he is interested in. Having pets is about two -way communication and if you talk to AND listen to your pet you will get so much more out of the relationship.^_^