xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sweet_princess

What Is Your Website About? I need help

So, I am very confused lol. What do most of the people here make their websites about? I want to make a website, but I am not sure what to make it about.Please help me,Thank you =]

Hehe, will I would reccomend waiting to make a website until you already know what you want to make. I don't think there's very many of us here who made a website for the heck of it XDMy site is about Game Development. Specifically it is for the game development team ENVIZION. We started expanding (way back when we were Blue Knights XD) and we decided we need to move. This is actually the third place we've been. Our other hosts only allowed us forums, which were inadequate.

I think the best thing to do if you havent already is make your website about something that interest you. This way you wont lose interest and want to give up when things get hard. Its much easier to give up on something you dont have much interest in. For example most people would make a website about them or their porfolio work. My current project now is a online community (called linkshell) in FFXI management system/website. Its going to be custom for organizing events in game and daily running of the linkshell. There is none available so I decided to build my own to keep track of all kinds of things including members profiles, characters they own their points based on their attendance to events and whats left after items obtained from the linkshell. Blah theres too many to list but yeah its all gotta be custom to the needs of a linkshell. I'll be spending the next few months building it I probably will share it will the rest of the FFXI community if It turns out good so they can manage their own linkshells.Then my next project would be just a home page to include all my porfolio work. again something custom for my needs and easy to maintain/update and add new content. A few years back I didnt want to even get into web development but lol my options arnt that great atm. I already have decent knowledge in this area so I may as well try make something out of it. Plus skills in most areas of IT can be used in other areas if you are good enough at it. It can lead to other areas of work.

for me and my friendswe agreed that our site would be on anime and mangawe have lots of downloads and some forum gamesit's not just about anime and manga though,we have sub-forums about life,sports,apkalluit's basicly life revolved around anime and mangawe also have this new idea called the donation moduleif you donate 3 dollars you get to be a premium meber for a monthso yeah....

I still say the best bet is just to wait until you know what you want to do. You should know when the need arises for you to get a site. It's generally not going to work out if you get a site for the sake of having a site.

My site is going to be (when my friend gets some free time to work on it) a newspaper parody.You should know what you are going to do with the hosting before you start, though. When you just figure it out as you go, if something doesn't go as planned, usually it will cause seriously delay the progress of your site and possibly (if the problem can't be fixed) will cause you to end up quitting on the site.

I suggest you go with what you like, everyone started somewhere. Think of an idea and promote it. You can make a blog, game site, a community site for something, even host your business site. There are many ideas out there and you just got to find out what you like the best :P

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ features some uber cool art I've made :P and some tutorials, freebies, my blog.... and thats pretty much all....

As far as choosing a subject, think of something you enjoy, which there isn't to much of all ready. One problem with my website: who the frick will look at my tutorails? There are milions of better ones out there... so yeah... make sure you pick a less used topic.

I have no WEB site, but I have few WAP site for mobile phone.Here my WAP site is a WAP community site with Chat rooms, Forums, Instant messaging, Chat Robot, Free Chat robot hosting, Pools, Blogs etc.If you want to create a WEB site, at first decide what kind of WEB site you want to buield. To buield your own script (if you dont use other script) you need to have some knowledge of WEB designing. Even if you use other's script, you will need little knowledge in WEB desiging.When you will feel you ready, and then try to build your WEB site, otherwise it’s better to wait.

Well my site is a forum where I gather all my ex classmates from my secondary school. Its a handy hangout place to catch up on each other since our secondary school is over (secondary school is like high school) so everybody's leaving for college and stuff. I just launched the forum a couple of days ago and now we only have 20 members :o but then again the forum is non-profit and it exists for the benefit of my friends.

I just need to resolve the problem of maintenance and costs. The forum's domain is free courtesy of http://co.cc/ and hosting is free too, from Freehostia. I'm just afraid it might run out of space since the database space is limited and only 1 MySQL database is allowed.

Well my website is going to be a Fansite for on of the online games I use. Its going to have Guides to the Game, Help, about members and advertising for me and a few people. Its really up to you, because theres little point in making a site if you dont know what to make it about. Have a think, about it. Im sure you will come up with somthing :o