xisto Community
googlue

How Did You Hear About This Forum word

This is how I discovered Xisto....About a year and a half ago I decided to make a website so I used freewebs (lol), but it was a start. Eventually I wanted more out of a website so I started to look into it. I searched google and found out that you needed hosting with ftp and cpanel, mysql for the things I wanted to do. I read that you had to pay for hosting usually but some site can offer it for free. I searched for free mysql / ftp hosting and I found a website called nasway. Eventually nasway went down but I was still interested in webdesign so I bought a package. After a few months I became too busy to update the site and I shut it down. Now I want to start a site up again so I searched nasway and I was brought here.

Well, I was looking at my friends site and she used a redirection survice so that she didn't have to buy a domain(obveously) and she was talking about how much she LOOOOOOVED her host. I dunno, I was hosted at the time and still are there but, I needed a reliable pic host so, that's what I use as my Xisto.com domain. I looooove it too cause my friends love looking at the pics I take with my camera and I put them on my xanga! woohoo! lol

I found Xisto when I searched google for "free web hosts", and then found a page listing loads of them (cant remember the URL). Xisto was the only decent one I could find.Actually, I found Xisto before I found Xisto but since Xisto is more "Techie-based", I decided not to sign up with Xisto. Then I found Xisto, and here I am! B) So that's my vote.

I was referred to this site by http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. I have been looking for a free host for quite a long time, but you see, free hosts sometimes just come and go. The ranking at free-webhosts are not that accurate but the reviews there my users are quite indicative. I always look at those discredit comments. Often they are posted by disgruntled users and so they are more accurate than compliment comments. Then I look for one with no grave errors. Xisto is one of those satisfying my requirement and the comments from users are not that bad really. So I came here and have a look. This is a process which has a certain element of luck. Xisto does not have a high rank and I don?t really know in the first place whether it is a good host. But, somehow, the host is so far so good.

Hi! friends, we are all here... but how did we reach here?

Lets take a poll, may be this info will be useful to the admins also, in shaping their policies...

So let's start!

Googlue!

I was looking for some ad-free free web hosting, so I went a-googlin' and just typed that. B) Is all.

i used google to search for free web hosting and found Xisto.i wanted free web hosting , not because i am cheap , but i hadnt had a go at doing a website before and thought if i could find someone to host it for free , i wouldnt lose out if i didnt mange to do a web site.i have been pleasantly surprised by the free hosting package that Xisto provide and if i find it too difficult to keep my posting level up then i would probably pay Xisto to continue my hosting.