xisto Community
googlue

How Did You Hear About This Forum word

Well, it should be mostly Accidentally...I was playing a php-based MMORPG (Not reall Massive Multiplayer but oh well), called Outwar. I had my own "crew", and one of the members who joined was Cragllo. He decided to make a website for the crew, and we became friends... I added him to MSN too. Then, he left the crew and joined the crew that was run by some friends. From time to time, I visited his site. One day, I decided to find a new host for my gaming portal, and I looked through many sites but didn't find anything interresting.A day when I chatted with Cragllo, he told me to look at his new game under developement. There was a link to his homepage, and I visited it. There was a link to Xisto from his homepage...I tried to register in the forums, and decided to try this host. Obviosly, Cragllo was a moderator here, but I didn't notice that before I had reached around 60 posts... And now, I'm still hosted here, and I don't plan to leave.That's how I got hosted. Accidentally? Random?

Guest mstewart1

i was referred by clickherefree.comit made it so easy to find this website. as it has everything i want :P:P

Hi! friends, we are all here... but how did we reach here?

Lets take a poll, may be this info will be useful to the admins also, in shaping their policies...

So let's start!

Googlue!

Could you also visit my site and comment on that here?

I found out in another forum. When I was disgusted with shyper.com, I started searching and reached post2host.com. That sucks... and is anyway down! Somebody had mentioned this site there.. and goog lord.. I am here.

LOL  :P

EDIT 1

OH! IT HAD JUST HAD 100 VOTES... :P

EDIT 2

Well, many are calling this the most successful poll in the forum so far.

I don't know, may be an admin/mod can confirm?

Thank you

Googlue.

EDIT 3

Hey! I just noticed that this poll results are posted at the forum homepage!!

http://forums.xisto.com/

EDIT 4

Wow! Reached 150- votes today... 1st nov 2004!

40% have come here referred by a web hosts review site and 25% through search engine results.

That's good.

17607[/snapback]

Well, I was looking at a spanish webzine (Feiticeira Webzine) and then I noticed they were using PHP and MySQL, for a subdomain name. Well, it can easeily happen if you own the domain and give your friends away some subdomains, but I tried to find it out by myself.

Then... oh, nice surprise! Xisto happened to be the BEST FREE WEBHOSTING I ever tried... Before that, I was hosted by Frandt which wasn't really cool, and eventhough is supposed to be FREE hosting service, you have to pay (via PayPal) $.01 USD, which is nothing, but then you had to use your credit card.

I must say it: THANK YOU, Xisto, your free hosting services are really the best, NO DOUBT about it. Congrats for the site by the way.

Cheers! :rolleyes:

I've been thinking of moving my website for a while. This computer has great popup blocking and Freeservers the site provider didn't used to give popups but while I was at my college campus a while back I checked my site which includes a page on salvation and was shocked to find it came with a popup which included a girl in a bikini, courtesy of Freeserver's new management. I stopped working on improving the site after that, planning instead to get a new site first but didn't see much that interested me. That was a while back too.

Recently I started thinking about it again and decided out of the blue to start looking again. I did a search for free website directories and found one (don't recall the address) and without much hope did a search for sites without banners or popups and over 100 Megabytes of space that were free. It suggested Xisto.com and here I am.

I actually still haven't put in an application for a website yet, been too busy on the forums establishing myself :rolleyes:

The forums posting requirement bothers me not a bit since I have 100's of posts on the yahoo, ICQ, and myspace forums, as well as sites like http://www.renewamerica.com/ and https://www.godaddy.com/

I LOVE to post :lol: As some of you may be realizing already :( And for all my large numbers of posts, they also tend to have some pretty good volume, a goodsized amount of content to them.

i found Xisto on Google, i dont know exactly what i searched for but eh.. still found it on Google. Xisto's hosting system really is genius, the more active they are in the forums the better their hosting is. Genius.

I was refered by a friend of mine who used to go here, and was a mod I guess. I needed hosting, but I can't pay monthly bills, and he said t-17 has hosting just for posting on a forum, and I'm addicted to message boards, so sounded perfect =X.

my friend was telling one of these hosting and as i search for it in google.. Xisto came up and it was because one of it's member said that the hosting i was lookin at is crap and stuff so i decided to come to trap 17 and now here im :P