xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Firefox Extension Dream Package #4 - The New Google Batch

Well I thought I take in another round of firefox extensions that can be used by anyone, and with the batch I have today it is a mix of web designers, google users, and people who like to count and know how much space firefox takes up. So before I get going on the new stuff I thought I toss up the links to the previous Firefox Extension Dream Package Topics for a nice little package deal for you the firefox user.

Dream Package #1

Dream Package #2

Dream Package #3

Also I like to toss out a reminder to the Firefox 3.0 users that you have to wait for most of these to get converted as its a slow process and so these will only be used in Firefox 2.0.x versions, so with that in mind let the games begin.

First up

Adsense Notifier

Well as most of us know that Adsense is like the biggest way to score huge amounts of money through ads that are generated through google. I know that most of us are annoyed that you have to go through a whole process of clicking just to get there, but NO MORE!! With this extension you will have a constant update of the states you get in the adsense control panel. Now to set everything up after you install the plug in is that you go to tools > Add-ons > Find Adsense Notifier > click the options tab and then fill the appropriate information.

Download Link

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adsense-notifier/

Firefox Update

It works for FF 2.0

It Works for FF 3.b5

GButts

This next one the google lovers will drool over, and I mean literally drool over because of the fact that it has every single google application in one plug-in. Remember my rant about the process of getting to all these applications well NO MORE WAITING. So like the steps I mentioned above about setting this up and choose what you want to have and your done. However, if you missed it hte first time here it is again go to tools > Add-ons > Find Gbutts > click the options tab and then fill the appropriate information.

Download Link

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-shortcuts-all-google-se/

Gspace

Well we all knew that once gmail went live and jumped for joy that we could store large files on our gmail accounts for extra storage. Well of course we all knew how much of a pain it was to store those files but your Saint saves your the headace of waiting and waiting and waiting for those files to upload. With this ingenious extension that combines google with a twist of FTPness to it. Well ok it literally is a ftp program that access your gmail and so you load up your file and it creates a email like message with your file(s) and there you just save some space on your computer. FYI your files will look like badly coded spam messages.

Download Link

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Google Preview

Yesterday while browsing for some good stuff to add some functionality to firefox and of course search engine usefulness. We all know what a search engine page result page looks like; a link, a brief paragraph and some cache info. Of course if you add the McAfee Web Advisor, and a few other extension I be talking about later on, you can have an ultimate google experience. If you remember the the cooliris preview add-on, package 3 I believe, basically this is the same idea but this time it displays a thumbnail image of the website in your search results. Which means if your trying to look for some information you can take a glance at a website and see if you will have trouble navigating the website or it wouldn't to be hte right website for that info. So you can say that this add-on will shave a few seconds of your searching of info, plus it looks cool.

Firefox Update

It works for FF 2.0

It Works for FF 3.0b5

Download Link

Googlepedia

Again if you notice how much space goes wasted in search results when looking up info, correction, if you notice how much white space is wasted when your using a high resolution desktop such as I (1920x1200). You can cut that down by a lot with this add-on especially if your doing research and need a stepping stone; Googlepedia creates an iframe within the google results with a direct page to a wikipedia article with the relevant information. Well close to it since your keywords need to be very specific for this to work like it should, so don't be surprise if it don't match up, I got an article on Flashspring when I googled Xisto. Either way all we know that wikipedia is a bad place to go when doing school research, most colleges don't like it when people use wikipedia and we know why.

Download

TagSense

when I first saw this add-on I though it would list the keywords used by websites, but once I started googling I found out otherwise. You could say this is a cheat sheet in finding out what keywords people use in searching for websites, or in a way find out what people use in there own websites. Of course we all know what happens when you try to stack your websites with words that have nothing to do with your website, anyways if you want to see how other website designers are doing and get an idea on how to get started in SEO then I would check this add-on out.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spotlight/

Google Define

This is a just a simple add-on to your right click menu, you highlight a word and select define it opens a new window/tab and list down the different definitions of that word and BAM that's it.

Firefox Update

It works for FF 2.0

It Works for FF 3.0b5

Download

Customize Google

Put it like this I would rate it as the second best extension right under the web developer toolbar, you have complete contorl of how your google search will look like to the point that this extension removes those next links and streams in your next 10 results when you scroll to the bottom. Which means your search timing is reduce by even more seconds and saving you precious time on that project. Heck you can ever remove those google ad's on the search results as well which I really like they also have options for videos, gmail, images and more. So if you have all these google extensions install your google experience will be better then ever, more optimize, more efficient and saving more time in your google searching needs.

Firefox Version

1.5-3b5

Download Link

here

Well as they say it is the end of of another day, and so I hope you enjoy these plug-ins as much as I have for typing them up and letting you know about the Firefox Extension Dream Packages.

UPDATE: Now this extension topic is google related extensions so now it seems less confusing since there were not many. Also added in a new extension for google dream package so check it out and enjoy it with the rest of these good google extensions.

UPDATE: Some google extensions have been updated for 3.0b5

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)