xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bishoujo

Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions Game Review

Posted Image

When Final Fantasy Tactics was first released for the PlayStation in 1997, it quickly became known as one of the best strategy role-playing games of all time. It won over players with its well-drawn graphics, captivating storyline, beautiful soundtrack and deep gameplay.

Now re-released as Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions on the PSP 10 years later, it is amazing how the game looks just as fresh as it did when it was first launched. Players of the original would be most pleased to discover some new features in their beloved game.

There are new job classes (the Onion Knight and Dark Knight), secret characters (Balthier from Final Fantasy XII) and multiplayer nodes. The game also boasts beautifully cel-shaded cutscenes that resemble anime paintings come to life. Gone is the awkward English in the original as the entire script has been re-translated to a courtly medieval flavour.

New players might find the game a bit hard to pick up, no thanks to its convoluted class and job system. But with a little bit of patience and practice, they will discover a rewarding and flexible game system. In the beginning, you can set your party characters to basic job classes such as Squire, Chemist, Archer or Knight. As you level up, more job classes - up to 20 - will be unlocked. This lets you set up your party in many different ways.

Players may sometimes be frustrated by the camera angles during gameplay. While you can rotate the map, the views offered are not always the most helpful. Also rather annoying is the slight lag during the special attack animations. These problems, fortunately, do not detract from the fact that this game is great even by modern standing. Players both new and old will definitely be drawn into its world.

Notice from rvalkass:

Even if you wrote it originally, its not original content as it has been posted before. Quote tags added.

this is game is for the players who are new to fft or hardcore players.for me i'm neither so i might be annoyed because tactics games for me is a one play opportunity. played it once fully and then throw it out of the windowsthey should have just make it a sequel or prequel and this will be a better game

As sad as I don't want to agree. jopak134 is slightly right. I believe this game is the exact thing as the older PS version correct except with some cut scenes that are animated. I know it may be a plus to most but I like the original feel of the older FF series. I beaten FF tactics like 10 times now or even more I doubt I would want to play it again but regardless it is nice for people who are new to FFT and enjoyed the gameboy advanced version. -thumbs up- for the new people but otherwise... not really...