xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Our New Project!

Hi you guys.In my Pre AP ELA class, we have decided what to do for our "Now that you know, how can you teach?" thingamajig. We are going to make a gynourmous collage. I am in charge of art coordination(geeeeeeeeee imagine that :P) and so I am going to take a bunch of photos and run them through paint shop pro 8. Any ideas?

soooooo....... what's this supposed to be fo anyways???
are you actually making a real college?

if so, then you should paint stuff that represents the mascots and stuff

you know, school spirit

Collage, not college. :P

It would help a bit if I knew what Pre AP ELA was about?

A Collage is putting a bunch of pictures or photos together thats based on a theme of some sort, and mermaid I have an idea for you.

I did something similar for my graphics design class:

Posted Image

I would say and idea set up would be for a quality collage poster in a graphics software would have to be with the following settings

Resolution 300

Size: instead of pixels you would have to use inches that way, of course in order to print this bad boy out you would need to go to a specialty print shop who can print large posters in one shot instead of printing sheets of paper. Thats if you want to print it, but if your going to display it on the computer then make sure your connected to a projection system or something. The poster I design was 22"x16" so yeah it will be pretty big.

Picture Specs: The way I design the photos or rather the layer properties is this.

size: 22"x16"

Drop Shadow 30px 0 21px

Stroke: White size 9px

Now here comes the fun part depending o the number of pictures you are using can also determine the thickness of the border it self, meaning that you could make the border even bigger to really give some separation and photo like quality. Of with any collage the photos don't need to be in a straight line and thus use the transformation tool or whatever it is called in PSP to rotate or shrink images and what not. Although in this size you would need a lot of pictures that way you can take up a lot of the back color since you want to barely see it in a collage.

So this should give you an idea what to look at in designing this.

Ok, you are making me feel like a contestant on Jeff Foxworthys "Are you smarter than a 5th grader!" What is Pre AP ELA class and gynourmous collage???????

Well, as to what a collage is I believe that has been answered.
As for Pre AP ELA, I believe that refers to Pre Advanced Placement English Language Arts

Collages tend to be rampart in Art/Design type lessons. Just to get a feel of what makes a sign, or a poster, or an advertisement and the like. Getting onto topic, the collages seen are pretty good. Especially liked the pop art one, gave me a reminder of the early years in music before the "modern pop rubbish" that is in music today.