xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
red-eyesD.dragon

The Playstation Debate PS2 PS3 debate

Which console do you think is better and why. The PS2 or the PS3.I think that the PS3 is a piece of S**t. It's big and bulky, the graphics aren't that great and it doesn't really have any good games. I have a PS2 slimeline, actually I have had 3 of them, and I always liked playstation. When the first playstation came out I bought it, 1 month after the PS2 came I bought it, 5 months after the PS2 slimline came out I bought that, 3 times. But when I saw the PS3, I was completly turned off by the sight of it.I was looking at Assassins Creed latly and since it only comes out on the PS3 and X box 360, I was actually thinking about buying a PS3, but then I looked at demos and videos of the game on both consoles and the one on X Box 360 looks alot better. But anyway back to PS's, my overall opinion is that PS3 sucks and PS2 is great.What do you think?

Well the easy answer is, if we are excluding price as a factor its the PS3... it has more features and more power, the capability to play blu-ray and HD disks/games hard drive functionality, the ability to save and load games to and from the HD meaning you can download games either by purchase or for free, you can download games, demos, images, trailers, videos, films, music etc... play over the internet and its easy to use wireless controllers with the tilt control feature, the dual-shock controllers are to be released too soon and it can play ps2 games anyway...If you're excluding the price there is no reason why the PS2 is any better. However the reason why I will never own one is price, even if the price drops considerably i wont buy one because Sony ripped customers off to begin with and that makes me dislike the PS3, also my brother has XBOX 36O so i have no need for the PS3

lol how can you compare a system that is soon to be 4d to a system that barely hits 3d.... LOL no i got a better one, how can you compare ps2 to ps3, when ps3 has a ps2 built inside! ha omg im gunna diewhy should you purchase a ps3?1. Onlineyes the ps2 is online also, but the ps2 doesnt have a united network/a network at all. only a few games have online for the ps2, and the online is very underdeveloped.the ps3 online has a service that allows you to use your online name in any game that is online enabled (which is most of them)2. Gamesok, ps2 had some good hits, right? some AMAZING games right? wanna play the sequel? ps3 is next-gen. no restrictions. play your favorite games like never before. who wants to make a sequel to a game thats so... limited. watch the videos of metal gear solid 4, killzone 2, metal of honor: airbourne, and more. and upcoming original games such as haze, uncharted, condemned 2, ect.3. Blu-ray playerits like having a stick of gum, versus a whole ware house gum. as of now, developers have maxed out the dvd format (guitar hero 2 was 3.86gb of the 4.16 gb limit) so switching to blu ray isnt only better, its a neccessity. game developers can now make better, longer, smoother games running in a higher definition with a better looking display, since they have no boundries. "Pfft, what game is going to be 60gb?" Resistance, a launch game for ps3, was over 16gb. That is the start of the next generation.4. need i say more?

I have a PS2 Slimline, personally I think that the PS3 would be a vast improvement over the PS2. I think that Sony will make a smaller version of the PS3, because originally the PS2 was huge, and they made a smaller version of the PS2. I would hope that they do this for the PS3, because right now i do agree that it is bulky. I would consider buying the PS3, but i am going wait for the price to drop first.The points that draw my attention are:The blue-ray capabilitythe new online communitythe support for full 1080p resolution,But the downfalls:It is very bulky and high priced.

It isnt bulky. i own one, the bigger size just ads to its glory. and the price.... well, the price is not high at all if you look at it from a differnt angle. like the angle that says "wow its only $400 and blu ray players alone are like $500. PLUS I GET 5 FREE BLU RAY MOVIES! AWESOME!"

I have a ps3 and i love it. I had 360 but sold it for ps3. Im glad i did. It is better overall. I wish more ppl would it. i feel like im the only who has it at my school. they dropped the prices...