xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Changing Domain Names Question

i know where to go to change my domain name for 15 credits, but before i do, i need a question answeredmy subdomain on trap is wildcat-exotics. i just recieved my free domain name(wildcatexotics.com) and used it as an addon domain. i don't wish to do this. i also have another addon domain to my trap account called petsxpress.info for a total of two addon domains to my wildcat-exotics account.my question is, when i change domains from wildcat-exotics.trap17.com to wildcatexotics.com, do i need to change anything or delete anything in my cpanel? how will my addon domains be affected? do i need to delete "wildcatexotics.com" as an addon domain in able to change that to my main hosted domain? will everything just be wiped clean and start fresh with my new domain?(in fact, i prefer this method) where i will just have to upload my files again?not to sure what the proccess is when i swtich domains and need someone to clarify this for me. thanks in advance

Yes, yes and more yes.When you change your domain name that was "tied" to Xisto hosting, all other add-on domains will have ill effects. Your files will not be deleted but the binding will not recognize add-on domains by your changed domain name.So for this reason, please perform the following to ensure proper web setting. Always create a full backup before performing any hosting modification action.1) unAdd-on all add-on domains wildcatexotics.com and petsxpress.info2) change your "tied" domain name to your new domain3) Add-on remaining domain(s) -- in this case just petsxpress.infoNotes of abnormalities: when you unAdd-on a domain, the folder created by initial Add-on will still remain. When you Add-on a domain name you will be asked to name the folder you wish to associate. While it is possible that you can use the same folder left by the previous unAdd, be prepare to delete the existing folder and create a new one. This is where your backup comes in handy. If you have to create a new folder you can simply upload files for this Add-on domain and you should be all set.