xisto Community
paulmason411

My Webdesign, Graphics, And Animation Business http://www.aircastle.com.au

Rate my website (http://aircastle.com.au)  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Guys,

In the last I have started up a web design, graphics, and animation company. Here is a site i put together which incorporates all three services.

The company is called aircastle and the site address is: http://www.aircastle.com.au/

We produce all types of sites, however are trying to focus on creative animated sites. If you have any interest in our work please pm me.

I like it!Quick questions:1 - Why not run the flash component in the main window from the doormat page? Seems like a redundant pop-up to me.2 - Any sound coming soon? Would be nice feedback on actions performed by the user.Nitpicky criticisms:1 - Support for the back button would be helpful - ActionScript is our friend!2 - Would have preferred the arrows on the picture loaders to be clickable previous/next pointers, to make it more usable for those that don't 'get' the pipes and the spaceship.3 - Some way of viewing the details about the videos (since they're not zoomable) would be good - I can't read size point 4 (or whatever that is once the video scale is accounted for :D ).4 - An option to either watch high-quality versions of the videos, or to download them.5 - Very nitpicky now :) Clearer indication of which areas of text are clickable (your home link (the secondary nav one that sends you back to the home page from the subpages) is the same font and colour as the page name (e.g. 'collaboration'), but home is a link, the other a static image).6 - Perhaps a bit more optimisation? I'm on broadband, low contention ratio, and I'm seeing the loading between pages. Bits I particularly liked: - The loading spaceship on the picture loader pages. - That there was a clear visual indication that you could click the images (moving (on homepage), change of brightness) - Zooming transition for the pictures - smooth. - The video with (Ministry of Truth?) the rabbit running into the screen. Pity I couldn't read the details (as mentioned above) - looked very funky! - Heck, the quality of all your animations was superb. - Using hover to get the spaceship in the pipe, changing the picture in the loader. Genius! - the quality of your work is clearly high.All points made using Firefox 2.0.0.11

wow thats some nice work there. I'm not a big fan of that style of art but I do apprecaite good work when I see them. If I had that as my own work for a portolio I would be pround, you must be. Keep doing what your doing you'll only improved and dont worry about what people say too much theres always going to be people who see it differently. Just take their comments and decide for yourself if they are right. I could point out alot of things I'd like differently but I would only mention one as the others dont really annoy me. The FLash page opening up in a new window is kinda annoying and if you can make it open in the same window it would annoy less people IMO.

oh wow love it.i like how it looks.But you should try to change it to not show a new window because people may think is a pop up.are there any forums for this site or a my faster way to contact you like a live chat?your company seems good if i had a site and i didn't know how to make my own Graphics i would use your Graphics.you should give some some type of way to make the site less flashy because it can slow down old computers.but i do like it how did you make it look that way?

You did an amazing job, and I do appreciate your art quite a bit. Although I found it a little hard to read at first, I got the eyes focused and it was easy from there. I had a lot of fun using the flash it made the site look very nice, especially the little UFO and the bottom when you scroll through pictures. I like how you used the UFO kind of as a loading guide for the pictures instead of just having someone click on the arrows. The flash was a brilliant idea and made the website even more spectacular. Other then the tough reading at first I can't say there is much you can really do, you may want to support the backgrounds a bit to really make those pictures stand out, but other then that looks awesome. Great work!-Jester

Wow. Nice site you got there. It's really got a personal touch to it. The only thing which annoys me is the flash animation lacks the "smoothness" which I see on other flash sites. I would give you 7.5/10. Good work.

woa! thats pretty cool! I like the art, and you're a great programmer evidently. it's alot for a dial-up user (OMG I know!) like myself, but it was worth the wait. I agree that sound would be cool, but that would be a killer for loading quickness for me (but we dial-up people tend to have patience).inventive scroll bar. not very obvious. but good loading bars and sequences.overall it's great, unique, but not for the people with the fear that if they put there mouse in the wrong place their computer will blow up, whom of which I know several :):(

Thats a good site there...... Also u made it non-stealable using flash :lol:The design and layout and colors go well with eachother really cool..... The fonts used were also very nice and the overall blend of the site is really nice......