xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

No Charges In Myspace Suicide Case

First off I have to say I am rather disgusted that this woman is getting away with murder, literally. Bad enough kids are doing it but when you find out that a sick, twisted, evil adult doing this to a kid makes me wonder sometimes. Hell I would that woman for everything has for doing this cruel thing, I wouldn't be upset that this woman put a bullet in her head because nothing is better then letting guilt sit in your mind like that. Bad enough you got child predators hitting up these social websites, but you got parents killing people. Heck whats worse these myspaces are not doing anything about it and playing stupid and do things we know don't work, the only thing that will work is shutting them down. Of course when your making millions od dollars off this its not going to happen, and now these parents have to suffer because some woman decided to play a cruel joke and show no remorse for it.

Stupid people is all I have to say, and the fact the polce and authorities won't do anything because their are no laws, I do believe there are laws about killing people indirectly, I hope these parents to make that woman's life a living hell.

SOURCES

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/11/16/mom-myspace-hoax-led-to-daughter-suicide.html

Well, obviously I don't condone what the people did with the fake myspace page and all that, but honestly, it's sad that the girl killed herself just because some guy she never even met sent her a few mean messages. It's sad that there are people that care so much about what other people think of them that they have to end their life because one person doesn't like them. Now, I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to point out how unstable some of these people are. I honestly don't feel the family should be tried for murder, but rather just harassment and/or fraud.

It was said that they were not sure who was sending the messages. Therefore, they can't exactly punish someone, as they run the risk of punishing the wrong person, and therefore doing an injustice. Also, they cannot punish all of the persons involved. How could they choose the sentances? Also, somebody who played a minor role would get a big punishment.

hmm.. well, i do agree that the girl must have been emotionally unstable when this happened. maybe something happened before, and after this she just couldn't take it any more?despite this, i do believe that these people should be punished. then the question comes up: charged for what? as t3jem suggested, harassment is probably the best charge here.

wow. sad case there. i read the fox article that was posted. i didn't hear about it until now. as cruel as it is, i could see a kid pulling a prank like this but not an adult. then there were 3 people who had access to the fake myspace account?i don't know what to say here. i am at a loss for words. my heart goes out to the parents who evidently are getting a divorce after all this happened! and this girl who felt so insecure and ashamed of herself. crap other people put in her head.boy, these three people who had access to this acount were all acountable to this death but i don't think i would consider it murder as you will have to substantiate intent with murder and i see none. i don't think anyone could have assumed she would kill herself or they wouldn't have gone that far in what they did. can't be manslaughter. harrassment is understating this case.wether they meant to or not, they emotionally abused this girl and changed her mindset in to thinking she had to kill herself. as far as the law is concerned, every state is different. i'm dumbfounded in what these three people can be charged with. a civil suit would be easy. as far as criminally, these people pretended to be someone they were not. they lied, decieved, and scammed this girl. they built trust just to hurt her intentionally. with that in mind, there has to be a law to protect people like this or it will give everyone an excuse to abuse people online only to get away with it. *BLEEP*! sorry....but it's *BLEEP*! that's the only word that describes it! the police aren't the ones who ultimately makes the decision to prosecute it will be the district attorney and if that scumbad can't find a way to prosecute these scumbags then i feel sorry for the people that have to live in that state and the people who live in that community where these crimes occured.emotionally unstable already?!? SO WHAT! everyone is emotionaly unstable at one point in their life or another. life ain't peaches and cream all the time and it's tough....even for people without disabilites. these people drove her over the edge....PERIOD! man....i tried to tell myself i wouldn't get emotional thinking about this and writing about it.....jeeeez!even though the law wont consider these people murderers, and i don't think i can even go that far it to saying that, these 3 people should definately be held accountable for this childs death. it's obvious they were directly involved in it wether they had intent or not. they killed this girl by tearing down her emotional stability....wow....they were even smart to tear it down so much that that they didn't even have to touch her to kill her. well, i don't care if this girl was the devil in disguise and she WAS mean to her friends(the f'd up excuse to emotionally kill this child inside). nobody deserves that crap. and three people were involved in this childs demise??? it took 3 people?!?!?!?!? talk about a tag team effort to constantly harrass....then when the girl got disturbed and acting out to defend herself, she got punished by her parents before they knew what was going on. how SAD nobody was there for her :D :D :Di don't normally try to think about situations i cannot change because there is too much out there that i CAN change and i would rather put my efforts in to THAT but this situation seemed so odd to me and what strikes out at me right now is the parentsmy thoughts are strongly with the parents right now and i know the possibilites of them reading what i am about to say is slim, but this goes out to them just in case and i hope my strong thoughts will draw them both to read what i am about to say right now.i know it's a tradgedy and i know these people deserve more than just a broken foozball table. it was a conspiracy that ended a life. don't let it end a marriage. a marriage is a commitment and a death in the family and the consequences of a death does not dicate why you got married and the love you had and have for eachother. it's inside you both wether you both see it right now or not. now is the time to be strong and to create massive awareness. this story an old one but i am just hearing about it now! being strong right now is important to create this awareness and this type of thing cannot be slid under the carpet. the the BEST way to create awareness and prevent this happening to another child is to fight this together and let your love dictate your strength and impact that you potentionally have on the american public....especially other parents who love their children as much as you loved your child. to break ties is to do your daughter an injustice. she was treated unfairly. DO NOT let that allow you two to treat eachother unfairly! don't let this situation to end both your lives as well. i know life will never be the same but when is it ever the same for anyone? life always changes....for the better and for the worse and you two committed to eachother for better and worse. that at least has to mean something in such a messed up situation such as this. stick together.....please......i beg.....and i hope this gets read by the right eyes. my thoughts will be strong for this to happen. something positive needs to happen in such a devestating situation. the answers will come for you two. you just have to stick it out through the devestating times and allow the time. the answers will come in how you are able to deal with this situation and what good can come about it. i am soooo sooo sorry :) and my heart goes out to you both.

Internet bullying is so serious at the moment. There is no real way to stop it. They have the "Report Abuse" buttons on most sites, but that doesn't prevent them from reading it. I had a discussion with my friends on the subject of bullying. Real life bullying at schools and work, only way to prevent that is to make it socially unacceptable. It's because the bully has back-up from their friends why the bully feels they have to right to bully. If the so called "friends" of the bully didn't back-up the bully or take part in the bullying this will basically destory real life bullying.The new form of bullying, cyber bullying is more complex. Everyone is MUCH more meaner to someone when they don't know who they are or not looking at their face. If you have road rage, you'll know this. You would be screaming at the driver infront, but if you wasn't in your car and him in his it would be a different case. Again, social acceptance is the only way to prevent this. Obvouisly, if people stopped bullying this would prevent cyber bullying full stop. But that's not going to happen. Only way to prevent cyber bullying is to ignore it. Teachers, Adults and parents say this for real life bullying. It doesn't work for that. You can't ignore physical pain, you can't ignore 8,10 people shouting abuse at you. Cyber bullying, you can. You've got to remember, your on the internet and people are idiots on the internet. Countless times when gaming people say racial abuse, they don't care if anyone else playing would get offended. I've grown to ignore it and carry on playing.In the case of Megan, I really feel for her parents and I agree with Saint Micheal, they should get punished for this. This is indierct murder. If your help someone murder someone in real life, you still get put in jail for assisted murder.

Well, obviously I don't condone what the people did with the fake myspace page and all that, but honestly, it's sad that the girl killed herself just because some guy she never even met sent her a few mean messages. It's sad that there are people that care so much about what other people think of them that they have to end their life because one person doesn't like them. Now, I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to point out how unstable some of these people are. I honestly don't feel the family should be tried for murder, but rather just harassment and/or fraud.

I am going to have to agree with you. It was a mean and stupid thing to do, but bullies have been plagueing timid souls since the beginning of time. The internet just gives bullies an even easier way to harrass people.

However, I can't feel too sorry for anyone who is so emotionally unstable as to let something like this drive them to commit suicide. Like it or not the real world is full of bad things that happen to us, no matter what we do or try to do or how we try to stay on the good side of everyone. We need to realize that doo doo happens, and get on with our lives. Human nature is what it is, and all the preachers and teachers and do gooders aren't likely to change it. Some folks are just nasty, and should I say......evil!

Finally after almost two years of bringing this to the court the woman had charges filed against her and for what she did. She has 4 counts for this horrible crime.one count of conspiracy and three counts of unauthorized computer access, each with a max of 5 years per count. Personally I don't care what advocate groups say about privacy and what not; a crime was committed and people involved should be brought to justice. This woman ended a child life, destroyed her family (parents are divorce), and all she can say I didn't mean for it to happen. What a cop out as she knew what she was doing, and in my opinion internet privacy should be allowed to an extent but when crimes like this happen people should be revealed and then be brought to justice.