xisto Community
smithy500

Political Correctness Getting Ot Of Hand Do you think being politically correct is getting silly

Political correctness is byfar the dumbest thing ever.But there are things people need to follow:Women are just as capable as men and therefore deserve the same pay and oppourtunities in desk jobs (I'm not saying construction and stuff like that even though there are alot of women workers in places like Seattle)A wheelchair shouldn't matter, because now by law there has to be a handicapped entrance to buildings (at least in texas)Color shouldn't matterand after that I really don't give a damn. I'm Polish, and people call me a pollock all the time (for those of you who don't know what a pollock is, it's like the "n" word of Polish people.) and it doesn't bother me one bit.As for the snow white thing, it's stupid for the government to through a *BLEEP* fit over a child's movie. And if you elect more democrats to the house it's only going to get worse because they are the huge pollitical correctness junkies.And in response to the mother and Father in heaven, THERE IS NOT MOTHER IN HEAVEN. THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD!

Edited by Mermaid711 (see edit history)

It is as you say, political correctness is getting out of hand. I even find myself saying, "Person with a disability" now, instead of disabled person (being disabled myself, I can certainly see the value in putting the 'person' before the 'disability', but to me, that's more about how people treat me, than about what they call me). I've found, however, that many times, people with disabilities (there I go again!) have more of a sense of humour about ourselves than people give us credit for, and are much less politically-correct than those outside this community. For instance, I have a good friend with cerebral palsy who is always joking that he once won a dance competition at a nightclub, simply by walking across the floor to get a drink! Similarly, I was the only one at broadcasting school who would have been allowed to tell the joke on air that went, Why can't you cook vegetables in the microwave? Answer: because you can't get the wheelchair to fit in there. I even once heard my CP friend tell a guy we went to school with who had broken his neck, "Get up out of that chair and walk, you lazy beggar". I ducked for cover, thinking the guy was going to explode at my friend for that. But he just smiled, and told him to sod off. They stayed friends.The point that I'm making is that people can get overly pre-occupied with political correctness, when respect for the person is all that's needed. After all, how can disabled people be treated like everyone else, when people are always having to be so darn careful around them?

Things are getting out of hand, I only really noticed it this christmas, but over here in Australia there was a big stink about Santa saying 'Ho Ho Ho' which is apparently demeaning to women. I don't know about you but when women were protesting for equal rights and such in the 60s, I don't recall them kicking up a stink about santa saying 'ho ho ho' Apparently now its got to be 'he he he' or 'ha ha ha' Political correctness has gone mad, it's not ba ba black sheep anymore, its ba ba rainbow sheep now. It's gone nuts.I concur.

You're so right, Saitunes, we heard about the Santa Claus thing over here in good old NZ, too.As for the "Baa, baa, rainbow sheep" thing, that reminds me of one time when I was a kid in the early seventies, and somebody successfully banned "Little Black Sambo" dolls, citing racism. Now I know a thing or two about developmental psychology, and let me tell you, a kid in those unsophisticated times who was still young enough to play with Little Black Sambo, wasn't anywhere near old enough to understand racism - until, that is, some jerks came along and started debating the issue and took their toys away. What I'm saying is, raising these issues with such stupid campaigns can often put ideas into minds not yet mature enough to handle them, instead of letting kids be kids. That's a major downside of political correctness, in my view.PS: I just had a thought - surely if Santa has to say, "He, he, he", couldn't that be seen as being demeaning to MEN? (Shouldn't he have to say, "She, she, she?"). Over and out,Radiochick.

Edited by travstatesmen (see edit history)

I'm kinda new here at the forums. The last reply to this topic kinda hit home with me. I'm greatful that my child is being raised in an enviorment that he is color blind in. Their are at least ten different nationalities represented in his school. It kinda blows me away as I was raised in Southy (South Boston).As far as politics go, I live in the USA and am kinda getting used to the idea that President Elect Obama will be taking office early next year..

Edited by Mr Inviso (see edit history)

Some people in this world are too over-sensitive to too many things. Not to mention these are little things. Its not like you're saying it directly to them, but you're using it to describe something else. If someone got offended by using 'brainstorm,' that would be ridiculous.

Hi Guys,

tbh how I see it is, We are having the freedom of speech removed from our power...

look at it this way you cannot say certain things about Islam and Allah because it may cause offence to muslims such as them cartoons in the papers a few years ago, But you can say what you want about God and Christianity such as Bible Basher etc without any come back....

Political Correctness is not only out of control but also used as an excuse to murder / rape and pillage although not in the west but in the east all these PC Pro Active Fools are just feeding the Biggots and Radicals...

And destroying moral in the Britsh and American armed forces, The people who put there lives on the line for Wars that are only not wanted but also not warranted, But that is a different thread altogether....

What I am trying to say after all this rant is basically these PC Fools are causing more problems than they are solving people feel restrained in waht they can say incase they are branded racist, agist whatever....

The power of speach has been removed from our grasp and we will never get it back

Edited by websey (see edit history)