xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Frosty_Flakes2

Ipod

Which one did you get? My brother has just got an ipod mini and I think it's great. It has enough space for a good song collection and is small enough to fit in a pocket more easily than the larger ones. I have lost many pockets to carrying too much so am glad of the change. the interface is really simple and getting music onot it from a pc is very fast too. It's definitely an improvement on having to carry round too many CDs. I am thinking of getting one for myself, but am also looking at similar things from other people. Any recommendations?

It still beats buying the CDs though. Since I now have my pc hooked up to my sound system and will (hopefully) soon be able to buy an mp3 player of my own I honestly can't see there being any reason for me to buy the CDs any more. To be honest I will glad when I can just buy the mp3 tracks as it will save me a lot of space for CD cases etc. Unfortunatelt I will probably just have the same problem with DVDs instead, and they have bigger cases! Eventually it'll all be stored on a pc or a portable device, but until then, I will have to keep putting up shelves.

a few of my friends at school have ipods and minis. i think they are really kool wit all tha features and what not. i was gonna get an ipod mini for christmas but i couldnt seen to find it in gold [i MUST have it in gold]. i mite end up getting one for my birfday because it mite b a lil easier to find one

If you want it in gold, but can't find it in stores, your best bet is to get it off of apple's website (http://www.apple.com/) and get it from the store. Also, colorware pc has a regular ipod that you can get painted gold by them, http://www.colorware.com/categories.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/products/aztec.aspx . They have excellent quality painting, but are slightly expensive. You can either buy one from them, or send it to them to have it painted.

I don't have an I-pod, but I did shop for (and buy) and mp3 player recently. Basically I liked the I-pod's storage and looks (not to menchion their popularity), but I had a few problems with what it came with. Instead of including voice recording, radio, radio recording, direct line in recording etc, you could buy adapters to make it do all of this. Now for a few dollars more then the origonal price of the i-pod, I can get myself an I-river (which I did) and get all of what I said included in one, simple to use, and compact unit. Sure both would have probibly worked out for me, but I like convenience. ;)

I was thinking of getting an iPod, but I don't listen to that much music. I would also like to know, is it worth getting an iPod if your not going to use it everytime you can. Im not a person who loves music, I just like a song now and then, and im mostly on my computer listening to winamp. ;) Is it still worth thinking about getting an iPod after ive told you that?

Ok, I have evidence for what I last posted now...The apple I pod pricing (40 gig). Now, Here is the thrity dollar more Iriver with the same 40 gigs. But, look at the i-river's features, and compare them to the I-pod. For $30 dollars you get a whole lot more...including color screen.

Now, lets say you want a color screen on your i-pod....ok same i-river for comparison, but this i-pod instead. This one costs an insane $499. Thats $70 dollars more for less features. If you wanted to spen $499 at I-river, Look at what you could buy! ;)

See my point about why I didn't go I-pod?

it's not simply an issue of features- there are too many mp3 players to simply consider on that... but it is your personal preference ;)personally, anything that calls itself the I-river when only Apple uses i's in front of the names of it's products is kind of silly... As Apple originally used it in the iMac when it stood for internet, and has now become their thing, but only for themI actually do have a 40 gig iPod and it works insanely well- from working with iTunes to wherever I go to really any reason you can possibly come up with- of course, that's my opinion but- take it from the size to the placement of the the buttons to iTunes and in the end no mp3 player has anything at all on the iPod....and how is iTunes a rip-off, I ask? ...out of sheer curiosity- as I've had it since version 1.0

i want an iPod more than anything, but i don't have enough money yet and my parents refuse to lend me the money to buy one! so when i get paid i'm going to buy one straight away.i still don't understand what the process is...when you get the iPod, do you download iTunes and then download the songs from there onto the iPod?

maybe what apple ipod attracted peple is its content,the large storage...my classmate got one which is 20G ipod with a kool shell than ipod mini.you konw various colour is the best strongpoint,light blue,white,pink,green,black,brown...as many as i had seen.even though be so popular anywhere,the price of ipod with large storage is toooo high,to expensive to afford...lol:,i am eager to get one good timbre,good shell...

I simply suggest the 'cheapest' one. I say 'cheap' because I mean lowest price, not lowest on features. Personally, I own a 64 mb Creative MuVo Flash drive/mp3 player. I've had it for a year, and It suits my music needs fine. However I will be needing more space, Very soon, when I get my new compaq laptop computer... so I'll be purchasing a 20 gig Ipod, most likely, or one of those Portable hard drive/Mp3 players from a 'knock-off' company. I keep my wallet in mind, no matter what I do...Panda

I have a IPOD and I love it, mines only 10gig but that?s plenty, my only complaint is 4 hours battery and slow transfer rate, other than that it rox..-OxideLeader of Breath of the HordeWorld of WarcraftShattered Hand ServerHorde Side?To Fear is to lose, and I don?t lose so why should I be afraid? ?oxide?Cleanliness is next to Godliness, so if you stink you?re the devil? ?someone?NO ONE MAKES ME BLEED MY OWN BLOOD?