xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
estado3

Need Some Advice On Increasing Traffic For This Site

Any comments good or bad will be appreciated

so you are getting hired for something and want Xisto to do your work for ya? :)

well, quickly, i noticed it's basically a two page website. the links page has absolutely no relevant content whatsoever.

so down to my suggestions. you have a ton of keywords in your meta tag. you need to limit that to at the most 5 keywords and optimize the site to include those keywords. i mean come on. you have "stop" as a keyword. this will never get you anywhere. "no" is also a keyword haha don't make me laugh. are you kidding me? what does "no" have to do with any relevent content on your page? anyway, i would suggest to limit the keywords down to three. what should they be? go to wordtracker.com and do a search. goog keywords in your case would be something like "how to quit smoking" or "quit smoking fast" these are off the top of my head and may not be the best ones but word tracker can give you better suggestions. the key with the keywords and narrowing them down is for optimal seo. if you fail to do this, i doubt you will ever get a high ranking for your site bud, sorry. and using high ranking keywords will get you NOWHERE when your site isn't even optimised for high ranking keywords like "sex" or "fetish". you're only fooling yourself with google(which that is the engine you should optimise for) to start)

now once you have narrowed down your three keywords(i hope you do....you have FETISH as your #6 keyword.....you kiddin' me?!?!?!?) you want to include a headline that include one or all three of your keywords. when you start your paragraph, you want to include all your keywords in your first paragraph.

once you do that, reedit your description to include your keywords and make it as simple as you have it now. no more than 30 words. title is ok. that can actually be one of your keywords possibly, "stop smoking in a week".

your revist tag is also ridiculous. you want the spiders to crawl that site eery day? you kiding me? why? i don't see you doing much changes to your site. once it's finished, that will pretty much be it. you want to change to to 30 days and NO LESS THAN 1 WEEK! these spiders are smart. if you start wasting their time and they visit and you don't update your page, they'll stop coming all together bud. in fact, some spiders are so smart they can estimate how often you update your page and you really don't even need a revisit tag. change it to 30. that's what i recomend.

your links site is spam in my opinion. your links have nothing to do with smoking or quiting smoking. get rid of it. it's not healthy for your overall appearance as being professional and google wont like it either. also too many banners and the page is slow to load. it's bad alltogether bud. get rid of it.

on your home page, if you insist on the ads, center them please.....will look better. also, your ads are in the wrong place. put them on top or to the left(vertically) or embed them within the content of your site. this doesn't optimise for seo, but i am doing you a favor by suggesting this. you will get a higher click through rate. some of it is psychological and some of it has to do with your payment buttons being in the middle of your page. if someone clicks your payment buttons before scrolling, they will never even see your ads. if you don't insist on the ads on your home page, get rid of them. they look tacky right now and unprofessional.

that's it for now. sorry if i am harsh but you wanted an opinion. i am no nonsense and straight forward. the overall site is good, it just needs some work and you need to also reserch seo if you want to compete in the search engines. if you have money to spend on advertising, google adwords is great if you know what you're doing.

that's it for now. i don't want to overwhelm ya

edit- ok two more things. after looking at your site more closely, i tested your html code and it is just poorly written. it's also not up to 4.01 transitional code. you need to fix this. or have someone do it for you. once you have updated your site, pm me and let me know, then post for others to take a look at it again too. i will then go through some more advanced seo options for ya. this site in my opinion needs to be totally revamped for seo....i'd even go so far to say(after looking at it more closely) redoing the whole site and starting fresh. this site was definately not created with seo in mind and there is a lot of work to be done here if you really want it optimised for the search engines(google inparticular)
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Been set the task of increasing traffic for this site, http://www.quitit4ever.com/ Any recommednation on how I might improve it's search engine ranking page, and generally bring traffic to it?
Any comments good or bad will be appreciated

ok. i noticed that you did in fact update your site. i don't have time to break it down much right now but the google ads or in a puch better place. you narrored down your keywords(this still needs improvement btwyou deleted your links page which i didn't think you would do, but i commend you for that, your site is more centered and easier to read(still need work though). it looks 100% better. no doubt. you even changed when the spiders revisit from 1 day to 30. good. it's actually an outdated meta tag that has very little value now since spiders have become more smart than before. it wont hurt you though.

until i can review it more closely and more in depth(give me a week), you need to come up with key phrases, not one word keywords. you will neer get listed on the top of google right now with the keyword "smoking" or other one word keywords. so go for 3-4 word key phrases as your keywords. "quit smoking in a week" is a good one, "stop smoking in a week" is a good one" even something like "how to prevent lung cancer" would be a good phrase. you need keywords that have a low competition for now. when your site has been around a while, then you can start competing with some of the better keywords with more competition. but everyone has to start at the bottom and work their way to the top.

some of the keywords i gave can give you a top ranking but is also based on other important factors like RELEVANT incoming links....a few relevant outgoing links(which you didn't have and still don't), original content and updated content, etc....

you also want to increase your description to about 20 words.

take a day to think about a the keywords you want to use that are relevant(narrow it down to 3 keyword phrases) and think about a great description for your site that can be limited to 20-25 words.

you did an EXCELLENT job so far. like i said it's 100% better....now we need to fine tune what you did and probably fine tune after that....in a week, i should have some advanced areas to talk about but i really don't want to get in to that until the basics are complete so be patient.

your title is still good. i would keep it as that and even make it a keyword phrase. but you really should check with word tracker(a free tool) and see what keywords that they can find that has a low competition rate while being a keyword that people have been searching for.

edit- one last quick note since you seem to be taking this seriously. don't rush it. you wont complete this task in a day and probably not even in a week so be patient and do it right the first time with lots of thought put in to it.
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)