xisto Community
krazygoddess

How I Got Here. How I found trap 17 and will I stay here.

I know what you mean, UltimateStar. It's like people don't even notice the Credit System at all! In fact, just a few days ago, someone applied for hosting with only nine credits!
Also, as I said on another thread:
I start to wonder, do people nowadays actually read ANYTHING? It seems that way. That or people are just ignorant...

I have just one thing to say to these people: RTFM! (And if you don't know what RTFM means, go check a dictionary!)

Hi everyone,
My name is Alison sn is Krazygoddes. I have previosly hosted my own website b4, and just was tired of paying for no ads so i began a search with yahoo, on free webhosting. I came accross a few sites that said they were free and went through all the trouble and pages of signing up and get to the last page and then there it is they want cc information to activate your account... hmmm that doesnt sound free to me. So i kept searching, and i found trap 17 now i have been doing nothing but reading for about 2 hrs now since i signed up, and it is just alot to read, I am still lost a little and am kinda afraid to ask for help after reading some posts from members calling people ignorant if they cant figure out or read enough. I mean come on like i said i have been reading for about 2 hrs now. I feel it is a little difficult to try to search for answers and a little discouraging reading about all the accounts that got banned or deleted on accident or by mistake. But i did someting i probably shouldnt have and that was posted my discouragement (nothng bad i mind ya) in the chat box. And a moderator was kind enough to take the time to ask me what was wrong so i explained and that person answered a few questions for me and asked me to give Xisto another try, So i am still here trying to hang in there. I think iam getting the hang of it and trying not to be discouraged by posts i read calling people ignorant, but i have to say i dont think thats cool! So as of now im gonna keep reading and hopefully become a part of this community. I didnt mean any disrespect in what i have said. I just have never seen anything like this b4. I think its a great idea and a great place to make friends and meet new people. I just think it should maybe be a little easier to find stuff and help topics, I think i have it figured out now. But it is a little overwhelming at first and i think that other mmbers need to understand that and be a little more considerate. And tyvm to the moderator that was so kind to me and asked me to give a second chance.

Hi everyone, My name is Alison sn is Krazygoddes.

hi alison. that's alot of reading there :) you're right. it is a great idea here behind it all and it IS like a community. who helped you in chat? was it haslip? he was the first person who actually helped me when i first got here. your objective opinions are always welcome and actually appreciated. as far as the problems you've been reading about with the hosting, i have NEVER had a problem with my hosting here. it's very reliable in my opinion and experiences here

i did my due diligence in searching and researching for free hosting. although there are a few excellent ones without posting requirements, i chose trap as one of my providors because of the community. so if ya like the idea behind Xisto, then i suggest to keep reading and post in the subjects that you are interested in or have knowledge about. once you bring your credits to 30, sign up for the higher hosting account. once you do this, your credits will go back down to 3 credits or so, so remember to post to bring that # back up. don't let it fall below 0. 1 credit is worth 1 day of hosting and credits drop 1 a day. also keep in mind that after you have your hosting account, if you save up 280 credits, you can appy for a top level domain at $0 out of pocket. if you're active with good post quality then you can reach that in 3-4 months.

now some advice that has helped me. i usually only read the last 20 posts and the last 20 post topics unless i wish to start a new topic in a relevant area. the top 20 can always be found at the bottom of most every page. these are the most current discussion and these are the areas i like to hang out in my own self rather than reply to outdated topics.

anyway, thanks for the intro. if need any assistance, just post it or pm a moderator. good to see ya! most people are friendly here despite what you read so just be yourself and have fun....don't look at posting as a chore :D

Welcome to the Xisto Forums.As a Moderator, we try to maintain the Forum in respectable condition, but there are only a few of us active on any given day, so I apologize on behalf of all the rest of the Moderator Group for any Postings which you are offended by and wish to take this opportunity to explain the role of a Moderator here at the Trap.We are the ones that have the dual task of assisting and guiding the membership by enforcing the existing rules, BUT, we are simply volunteers and each of us have a real life outside the Trap, so our greatest support comes from the Members who, like you, are offended by the posts which violate the common sense rules here. And the Moderators depend on your interpretation of the rules offense and are informed of violations by way of the Members using the REPORT button available on each posting. Once Reported, a Moderator will review the posting and deal with the Report in various manners. We have the authority to delete a posting, edit them, move them to the Spam Bucket, etc. And the more serious offenses will acquire a Warning note, which will affect the offending Member's Application for Hosting and when a hosted Member acquires enough Warnings, they risk losing their Hosting Account, so we do in fact take warnings seriously. oderators also can issue a Posting Ban as well, so please use the report button to maintain the requited level of quality posts here at the Trap. It really is the Members who decide the level and degree of tolerance for Spam and faulty posting. The Mod Squad simply do not have enough time to read each and every posting, usually, so we depend on your assisting us in this regard.As for questions and queries about the Hosting packages, the services available, etc, Post a new topic after using the Search feature to see if the same question has already been answered. Many Members or a Mode will be able to reply with what is usually helpful and correct information. Generally speaking, this is a very helpful community environment here.Happy Posting, and the Hosting is second to none.

Thank you both for your replies, I am on day 2 here and i think i have got it for the most part figured out. I finally got enoug credits to apply for my account this morning so now im just waiting. And awniii this is tha name of the person who was so kind to me yesterday and helped me. jlhaslip :)

Hello Alison I would just like to say welcome to Xisto it seems that everything that really needs to be covered has been covered just remember to be careful with one line posts as they are considered spam here so be sure to have plenty to say in a topic your going to post in.

~Daniel