xisto Community
Tramposch

Some Hosting Problems..

Well.. just by the looks of it, i am not hosted, and i ahve lost my domain.. my account.... have about.. neg 25 credits, (lollol) and then like.. a day later or something, i wasn't hosted anymore, i mean, i thought the hosting terminated at neg 30? and i had a free domain, so i lost a lot, :)

Odd's are your problem has to do ith the server update as several members are reporting problems of their accounts not betting unsuspended. Since your account was already suspended the update could have misinterprete the fact your hosting didn't exist and deleted it.

Whoa.. how come you let your account go till -ve 30.Remember, any time, any spam topic is deleted which has your post, you lose credits. Any post of yours is moderated, you lose credits. You must keep your account to +ve credits all the time.If your account is deleted, there is no way I can recover it. Sorry.

mmkay :D well thanks for the quick reply... idk why i let it go that log in negs... i was just having a lazy month :) lol time to get many many credits again..

Hi Everyone, I am new here and trying to figure everything out, and reading that post has kind of scared me, Now i dont know it I wat to stay, This seems like a great program to have and ise, But i dont know if I could handle going through all the work of seeting up my site just to loose it? does this happen alot? Or is this something i should not worry about? Please I am hopeing someone will respond to my post b4 i go much further. Hope you all had a great Holiday!! Krazy

No, this does not happen often.There was a recent Server Update which appears to have affected some account adversely, but those are being repaired as they are found out. It is not unusual for an occasional hiccup on a Hosting System, regardless of the precautions taken, unfortunately, the Server move has affected a few accounts.The Xisto actually has a very good history and the Term of Service and Acceptable Usage Policy dictate the guidelines for Accounts and their remaining active, etcetera. Usually, the only reason for losing an account is to violate the TOS/AUP, or to fail to maintain an adequate supply of credits. Details are available in the Xisto Readme file.As an example of the service you can expect, I have been Hosted here for over 2 years and (knock on wood) have not been adversely affected. Most accounts have not had a problem with this newest action, either. admins are fixing them as they become aware of them.Hope this removes any fears or doubts you have about the Xisto.

Yeah it does have great service :) im not trying to bad mouth the forum, but i think one downside is that mods or admins have to like.. approve your hosting before hand, i know why it is required.. but i think maybe more mods are requiredI also purchased a domain, great service :D