xisto Community
Galahad

Unable To Access My Site Inability to access my website from certain network

I have a problem... My site works ok, and there is no problem with that, BUT... I am unable to access my site, my cPanel, and even gamma.xisto.com, from my workplace... I have conntacted my ISP's tech support, and they checked everything, and all is fine... But I still can't access gamma server... We have a static IP address, so perhaps our IP was banned :) ? Who can I contact to see what's going on? This is becoming frustrating, because I want to put up some files and db, to use from home and from work...All help is greatly appreciated...Oh, and another note... I was checking my cPanel the other day... My bandwidth usage hasn't been updated since August 2007... And webstats don't automaticly update, I have to manualy update them... Just thought to mention it, it's not such a big deal...

I'm updating this topic, since this issue has not been resolved, and another has arisen... Now, I'm unable to access my site from home too... I can open it with my mobile phone, and it works, but I can't access it from home... I first thought database server was down, since I use a program I wrote, to update info in MySQL database on server... But, now I see I can't access my site from my home computer AND work computer... What's the deal with that? If you're forbidding me access, at least tell me what did I do wrong, and did I violate TOS or something... Because I really was carefull about what I do, and I don't engage in any illegal activity...Please help, because this is becoming most frustrating, and I'm being paralised here...My home network is 82.208.253.(100-254), I'm on ADSL... No access to site, cPanel, database, entire gamma server... I can access alpha.xisto.comm beta.xisto.com, delta.xisto.com, but not gamma.xisto.com... Can anyone check my account and see if everything is ok... My domain is galahad.trap17.com... I guess OpaQue is too busy, as I sent him a PM, but he didn't respond... Enyone else can help?

Edited by Galahad (see edit history)

It doesn't load... All I get is a "The connection has timed out. The server at galahad.trap17.com is taking too long to respond."... Same is with opening gamma.xisto.com... All other servers are working... And as I sad, I can open my site from my mobile phone, over GPRS, and it's working...

If you are using your own script to update SQL, it can be viewed as injection to Xisto server. This could be the reason why you may be placed under ban filter.AUP states that you will not be notified for any violation since it is up to you to know how to operate under the safe guidance of hosting TOS. So no, no notification.If you believe you are under Xisto's ban filter, please visit Xisto - Support.com and submit your IP to be checked and lifted from ban list. Register with your email account to keep track of support ticket status.Always include your full account information when requesting support:your forum nameyour cpanel nameyour server: gammayour email addresstype of issue, in detail, you are facingyour exact IP address connecting fromThank you.

Thank you BuffaloHELP, I did as you asked me to... Hopefully this will be resolved soon...I didn't realise it can be viewed as an SQL injection, because it worked fine for several months... But the troube started when I wrote a script in Perl, that I left at work computer, to update every minute... Guess that could be the culprit... Anyways, thabk's for your help, and I guess I'll read TOS again, to make sure I'm not inadvertently broke them :P...

But the troube started when I wrote a script in Perl, that I left at work computer, to update every minute... Guess that could be the culprit...

I would guess so. Getting a script to run every minute, depending on what it is doing, would use a lot of CPU power compared to just serving web pages. MySQL is normally also fairly intensive to the server, so combining the two was probably not such a good idea. Perhaps you could run the script every hour or half hour? If not, look into making optimisations - reduce the number of MySQL connections and requests, speed up the script, etc.