xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Injuries

What's the worse injury you've had? Call it morbid curiosity, but I love hearing personal experiences. I'm a freak of nature, never been seriously injured, never been to hospital. The worst thing that's happened to me was when I was in year 9. Me and my mate were walking back to his place from school when we found a golf ball. He thought it would be great fun to drive this golfball over his back fence to see how far it would go. No, he has never played golf before in his life. So there we are, he's pulled out of of his dad's golf clubs, a driver and is lining up his shot. His dog is running around the backyard so he asks me to grab it and keep it out of the way, of course I do so. He pulls back the club, powers up for an all mighty swing. Thwack! He hits the ball with all his might. This friend isn't too proficient with a golf club and he just manages to clip the side of the ball, driving it directly into my face. I go down, it hurts. I'm bleeding everywhere. He calls my dad and he rushes me to the doctor. He had driven the ball into the lower part of my mouth, missing the lip. Instead, because there was so much force, the golf ball has made my bottom canine too piece right through lip and come out the other side. Miraculously, that was the only injury, one hole-ey lip and that's in. no loose teeth and only a tiny scar. Your turn.

Wow man,
thats a pretty nasty story. Your lucky to come out with such a small
injury. I think that the worst injury of my life had to be about four years ago when I was about ten. You see Brixham is an old fishing town. Most of the old trends still remain - you know - in certain places there is the old narrow roads. Well anyway, we have a very large and very very steep hill. It's concrete. Guess what? That's right. I was running down here one day and I tripped. Ouch. I took all the skin
off my arms and bruised my face badly. I don't mean hair line cut, I mean deep deep. Anyway that's about as bad as it gets, which I suppose isn't too bad. I didn't go to the gp (doctor) or the hospital. It healed in a couple of weeks and that was that. Fourtunetly I didn't even collect a scar. Anyway thanks guys, Sean Webber (Alive).

When I was 1 I fell down the steps. At age 4 I slipped while running around a corner and split my head open. At age 6 I was bitten by a dog around the eye and in the cheek.

Worst??? Well, I don't know if I could really classify most of my injuries as being worse than any other injury.Wehn I was about 8, I wrecked on my bike and cut my forarm open to the bone. Got stitched up and the next day wiped out again... fell on the same spot on my arm and tore it open again. Still bear the scar from that one.Let's see though. In high school I wrestled. That cause numerous injuries. Hyperextended (bent the wrong way) both knees (Had surgery on both of them), Broke my sternum, tore my diaphragm, bent my right thumb back until it touched my wrist (don't try that one at home.. had surgery for that too... nasty scar)Let's see.. I also rode motorcycles when I was younger, Dislocated shoulder, broken foot, broken collarbone.I also wrode horses a lot, bucked off a couple times, dislocated shoulder.I guess maybe the worst... or at least the scariest was, when I was in my early 20's... I was a lot cockier than I am now. Tended to get in fights alot. One night, me and a couple of buddies were driving around, and a car drove by us and yelled obscenities at us, and made some particularly rude gestures. So being cocky.. we chased them down to see what their problem was. When we all got out of the car it turned out that there were three of us... and 9 or 10 of them. (chasing them down wasn't seeming too smart by then).Well... one of them pulled a gun and held it to one of my friend's head.. my other "friend" ran away, and the rest of the guys came over to me... and the fight was on. I was getting hit and kicked from every direction.. fighting back as best as I could. I kept getting hit in the head alot.. so it was getting kind of blurry. When all of a sudden they all just stopped. They all just looked at me for a minute, got a scared look and then all ran back to their car and sped away.I of course being in my stupid younger years, felt like I had scared them off.Anyway, I just happened to glance down at my shirt.. which was supposed to be white... and instead it was a dark red. Took me a minute to figure out that I was bleeding badly. My friend told me that one of the guys had hit me in the back of the head with a meat cleaver. I guess he was aiming for my neck.. but I moved my head just in time, so it caught the back of my skull.Anyway.. it made a nasty, deep cut and left a mark on my skull. But it could have been a lot worse. A few stitches fixed me right up. I have a bad scar there, and a bump on the back of my head that will never go away. But all in all... pretty minor. Just scared me. I am not nearly so cocky anymore. I outgrew that pretty quickly.

OK ,I'm telling you about Peak's worst injuries.When he was about 12: One day he was in his class while his classmates were playing around and doing group work. Suddenly, by accident, his mate holding a pair of scissors fell on him. Luckily enough, Peak was wearing glasses-- so the scissors just missed his eye, but got the corner of it. He was rushed off to hospital.The scar is still there. Believe it or not, the next day he suffered another injury on his knee in a basketball match! What a series of unfortunate events!!! :D

I have also never been to hospital or seriously injured, although I did have to go to hospital for a check up once when they felt that I may have damaged my leg doing Karate. It was actually very frightening, and it makes you wonder how much pain actually can hurt? It makes you appreciate just how brave people that over come serious injury do it, and most importantly how most of the time they do it so modistly. But I'll answer your question anyway, emm... worst injury: It must have been in Primary school when I stepped funny and sprained my ankle it did really hurt, by funnily enough I could still walk on it, just with a limp and nasty pain. I'm still waiting for the day that I get seriously hurt... (elimant of truth in that...). I am always wondering how it will happen, I did believe that it would be during Karate, but I now have the fear that it will be a injury outside of my home with my friends... I work in a strange way with pain, it doesn't seem to effect me much, I don't know why, it doesn't get to me so to actually class my self as 'injured' it's going to have to be pretty extreme. Anyway - thankyou for your time, Achieve.