xisto Community
Damen

Question About Changing Hosting Type.

I was wondering if it is possible to do the following thing with my Xisto account.Since school has come by again I keep finding it harder and harder to keep my credits up because a lot of nights I don't even get to look at the computer. I also have noticed that I am not really using Xisto for hosting a lot of websites but more files and such not.I was wondering if I am able to downgrade my account for the time being to the account with the "One text ad" version. But a question on that, that I have is: if I host an image with my account that way and put the image on a site it doesn't try to add an ad does it?

as far as I know, the ad block is only added to 'pages' on the qupis account, not images.Mod velma is likely your best source of information about qupis accounts. I suggest a pm to her.

Well I messaged Velma asking if it could be done but no reply from her yet.I don't want it to be a permanent thing and I will still post in threads on the forums but I just can't afford for my hosted items to be brought up and down.

Qupis and Xisto, although they are members of Xisto Corporation, are not related in hosting plans. Therefore you do not "downgrade" when you start a hosting service with Qupis.If you open an account with Qupis, every HTML page will show Xisto's one-line text ad (although they appear as graphics).So, for each and every page you create for HTML and a browser view, it will contain this single ad line--including iFrames.What you should not use Qupis is for storage purpose. This is clearly stated in TOS. You may not use Qupis as a storage place for any other website--including Xisto. Qupis account must function as a regular website with activity that does not stop for more than 30~50 days. Otherwise your account will be deleted without notice.

I do not use it solely as a storage place. I have just noticed that I have been hosting a lot of images there I suppose. I actually use myDataBus for online storage.So I guess that answers my question, looks like I will just have to keep going under in points....Thanks for the help though.