xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dannym23

The New Ipod Touch Touch Screen iPod

iPod Touch

The iPod touch is an iPod portable media player designed and marketed by Apple Inc. The device, which features a multi-touch interface, was unveiled to the general public on September 5, 2007 as part of an event dubbed "The Beat Goes On", - an event which featured the introduction of Cover Flow to the iPod line. The iPod touch uses 8 or 16 GB of flash memory, costing US$299 and US$399 respectively. It also has Wi-Fi and includes Safari, Apple's web browser. The iPod touch is the first generation of the iPod line to include wireless access to the iTunes Store. The iPod touch also has the capability to detect the current and last 10 songs playing in a Starbucks café within the vicinity of the device, and offers the user the opportunity to download the tracks in the iTunes music store. This feature will slowly be offered in limited markets. There are currently no plans to expand into international Starbucks stores.

The iPod touch has a touch screen interface similar to that of the iPhone. Like the iPhone, it includes a physical home button separate from the touch screen. The home screen includes a headphone set, an alarm clock and also a list of buttons corresponding to the available applications: Music, Videos, Photos, iTunes on the bottom button row. Safari, YouTube, Calendar, Contacts, Clock, Calculator, and Settings are at the top. The iPod touch comes preloaded with 28 wallpaper photos, some of which are figures from the iPod advertisements.

On October 17, 2007, Steve Jobs, in an open letter posted onto Apple's webpage, announced that an SDK for the iPhone would be made available to third-party developers in February 2008. Due to security concerns and Jobs' praise of Nokia's digital signature system, it is also suggested that Apple will adopt a similar method. The SDK will also apply to the iPod touch.

Just like the iPhone, the iPod touch has been jailbroken by numerous third-parties and users, allowing third-party applications and other homebrew to run on the iPod touch, many ported over from the iPhone.

Here Are Some Pics

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks Dannym23

Notice from rvalkass:

Copied from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod_touch
Anything you copy must be in QUOTE tags.

Copied from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod_touch.

Next time read the forum rules before posting...

[hr=noshade]
Anyway about the iPod touch. I had the chance to try one at the apple store durring the leopard party. It is increadable. It is much thiner than the iPhone, and once the second generation comes out I'll be sure to get one!
[/hr]

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

I study marketing, and to tell you the truth, I fall for the charms of the apple products. But to be honest, the iPod Touch is total marketing. Of course it's cool, really. But the fact that you couldn't have third party apps made it lame (in my oppinion). And now with your announcement. I think of it better. But I tell you the truth. Nokia beats the iPhone. the Nokia Internet Tables allow Garnet OS (a new and cooler Palm OS) aps to be executed, and that well... Pwns the iPod Touch.The iPod touch has more charm and candy eye. But I care more for the functionality and the actual utility of the gadget. The Nokia Internet Tables are the best. They are not all well known, but if you read about them. Well, they are total win. (The new ones, mostly)

i think the ipod touch is pretty sweet. i mean if you dont want the hastle of the iphone than get the itouch. i have already thought it over and i think i wanna buy a itouch for christmas. i have never had a new ipod before so i am really looking forward to having it.

it just amazes me how apple can do this.. just.. such a small thing with so much potential. My dad has one, and i use it sometimes, it is like my dads favourite toy LOLhe watches tv while browsin youtube and other stuff, it has its own youtube browser, you can jail break it, add your own software, it is pretty easily hacked.. but yeah.. it was really simple to set it up to work on the internet, and its video, and image quality are AMAZING same with the audio.. i really think you should get one guys :)

it just amazes me how apple can do this.. just.. such a small thing with so much potential. My dad has one, and i use it sometimes, it is like my dads favourite toy LOL
he watches tv while browsin youtube and other stuff, it has its own youtube browser, you can jail break it, add your own software, it is pretty easily hacked.. but yeah.. it was really simple to set it up to work on the internet, and its video, and image quality are AMAZING same with the audio.. i really think you should get one guys :)

Just so you know you don't have to jailbreak it to add your own widgets. Those can easily be added by anyone and can be programmed by anybody who has html/css/javascript experiance. Thats all they are programmed in! :D Only some complex programs that usually are for malicious intentions require the ipod to be jailbreaked first, but since its the ipod and not the iphone, it dosn't have too much more power. On the iPhone on the other had, people have gotten other phone services to work on their iPhone...

I study marketing, and to tell you the truth, I fall for the charms of the apple products. But to be honest, the iPod Touch is total marketing. Of course it's cool, really. But the fact that you couldn't have third party apps made it lame (in my opinion). And now with your announcement. I think of it better. But I tell you the truth. Nokia beats the iPhone. the Nokia Internet Tables allow Garnet OS (a new and cooler Palm OS) aps to be executed, and that well... Pwns the iPod Touch.The iPod touch has more charm and candy eye. But I care more for the functionality and the actual utility of the gadget. The Nokia Internet Tables are the best. They are not all well known, but if you read about them. Well, they are total win. (The new ones, mostly)

This made me not want to get the Itouch or Iphone. My psp uses custom firmware which has helped a lot with cool features that I couldn't have had normally or that Sony took way too long to come out with. The other thing is the memory size. 8 gigs of memory is way too little for music and on the itouch I know I can have 16 gigs but I need 32 gigs to hold my music library, some photos, and some videos. 16 gigs is a good amount and all but if I'm going to lose my phone capabilities I want to gain something. I would have settled with a 16 gig Iphone but we won't see that till the second generation I think. I just wish I knew when this second generation would come out.

Anyway what is this Nokia phone you talk about. I think I have heard about it but does it have all the features of the iphone?

Seems like iThis iThat is starting to get annoying, and so is the ipod series. To me, this looks like a over priced mp3 that has touch screen and looks like a wannabe apple iphone. Of course its still made from apple, but really, I'm happy with my ipod video from 2 years ago, fits me well :). Of coursesmaller is always better now it seems, and more companies are developing smaller things with bigger compacity.

I study marketing, and to tell you the truth, I fall for the charms of the apple products. But to be honest, the iPod Touch is total marketing. Of course it's cool, really. But the fact that you couldn't have third party apps made it lame (in my oppinion). And now with your announcement. I think of it better. But I tell you the truth. Nokia beats the iPhone. the Nokia Internet Tables allow Garnet OS (a new and cooler Palm OS) aps to be executed, and that well... Pwns the iPod Touch.The iPod touch has more charm and candy eye. But I care more for the functionality and the actual utility of the gadget. The Nokia Internet Tables are the best. They are not all well known, but if you read about them. Well, they are total win. (The new ones, mostly)

I guess your wrong dude.
I got my itouch broke and can install 3rd party apps.

the new ipod touch is so awesome. it has a very sensitive touch screen that is very precisei have personally fell in love with it because it has a really wide number of games on it that are really fun and really take out the little games of simple games and tools that we have been in and takes us all into the nest level of completely awesomeness.it is really seomthnig that you need to go out and buy. the image quality is great and the capability is phenomanal!.ipod touch is one of the must buys for now and may just stay that way for a long while to come

is the touch really worth what you pay for it? in my opinion, they need more space. instead of an 8 gig or 16 gig they need link a 120 or 150 gig. that way you could keep all your videos and music on without worrying about space conservation