xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hippiman

Frets On Fire

Frets on Fire is a free game, pretty much like Guitar hero for your computer. You hold your keyboard sideways and use the F1-F5 keys as the frets (it's actually easier to reset them to just 1-5).It's possible to make your own songs for it, and it's pretty much as good as guitar hero, unless you get a song that was crappily made. If you look around, you can find pretty much anything, or you can look up tutorials on how to make new songs(with completely free software).You should find it right away if you just google Frets on Fire. There are also some youTube demonstrations of it, like the Canon Rock (my favorite, even though I can't do it), and many others.If you ever have nothing else to do, you should try it, it's pretty fun.

Guitar hero is pretty cool. I have been playing guitar for the last 15 years or so and feel pretty good at it. I tried playing guitar hero after watching some people playing it and figured that it would be a piece of cake. Not true. I imagine that if it was a real guitar that was plugged into the game then that would make a big difference for me but I guess that is not the case. Maybe one of these days that will happen. That game your talking about sounds like a cool concept. I think that I will have to give it a try. Gotta kill some extra time one way or another!

I have Frets on Fire, and I like it a lot. My biggest problem with it though, is that there aren't many songs available for it (at least not ones that you can find easily). It doesn't have the huge contributing community that other rhythm-based games on the computer (such as Stepmania) have.

I have Frets on Fire, and I like it a lot. My biggest problem with it though, is that there aren't many songs available for it (at least not ones that you can find easily). It doesn't have the huge contributing community that other rhythm-based games on the computer (such as Stepmania) have.

If you're interested in FoF songs - I recommend searching the largest torrent tracker. (No this is "legal" , if not remove my post...)

You agree not to hold me liable for anything you do after clicking this link or before! (must take precausions :rolleyes:)

< LINK REMOVED >

Notice from rvalkass:

It's still against the rules:

Posting illegal content, or referring to it with, for example, a link, and even discussing such material will not be allowed.

Link removed.

Frets on Fire is a program that ive been with for a while, i was one of the first beta testers, and its amazing on how far its gone lately, you can use a keyboard, or and xbox 360 guitar, or one of the new pc guitars. The game is highly customizable, and there are hundreds of songs out there for it, even the guitar hero ones.

I have tried this program and I think it has nothing to envy to Guitar Hero and it's free, so it's an awesome resource. It's fun and I suppose that can help people to learn the basics about playing a guitar and maybe even some players will eventually pick up a real guitar and start a band, who knows. The poblem is that I don't have a wireless keyboard so it's kind of impossible for me to play with it like a guitar. :)

If you guys have guitar hero for the xbox or ps2 and want to play it on your computer too here is something you can do with Frets on Fire.There are cheap plug in adapters for you computer to make your ps2 or xbox controllers plug into usb ports and act like a gaming pad.Get on of those and plug in your guitar instead of you controller.Then get frets on fire and you can also import all of the songs from guitar hero II into the game! (They have an option to do it and it may take a while because there is half a gig worth of songs)

Yeah, I checked out a video with this and it looks awesome. When, I get my laptop I am for sure getting this. There also is another similar game called Guitar Zero.

Hmmm FRETS ON FIRE + LAPTOP = UNFAIRLY STRANGE / DIFFICULT COMBINATION?

Well, Frets on Fire + USB Keyboard + Laptop = WIRELESS GUITAR HERO CLONE

OOOooo better idea: Wireless keyboard. That way you are free to jam without any cables tieing you down :)

Hmmmm Frets of Fire? I've never heard of it...I'm definitely going to have to test that out!Haha, its like the stepmania for guitar hero!It seems to me... all the common rhythm based games (DDR, Guitar Hero)have a freeware computer counterpart (Stepmania, Frets of Fire).I think now we need a freeware game that allows you to play the keyboardlike the drums. :) Think of how many damaged keyboards there would be...