xisto Community
KansukeKojima

Html Legend Learn how to create a handy legend with HTML

I think this is pretty neat... good for those people who maybe aren't that great at designing things but still want something to look nice..

<fieldset><legend>Legend title</legend>Content</fieldset>
try it in note pad.. it looks nice...good for forums, sign up forms...

That sample likely doesn't validate because the Form is not complete.
Check this version: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Do a View Source to see a Fieldset/Legend combination that validates. The Fieldset includes a div, etc, so that may be why it passes.

I learned about legend when I was looking for some HTML to pimp out my myspace (yeah, sad I know, learning because of myspace :o ) it's a neat feature, and a good way to make cool looking boxes if you know how to code youself some good ol' CSS to go with it.

Yes it is great to use I use tthis almost always in the forms to separte different fields and so on. It is just great and I suggest that you all use it and it helps your visitors when they see nicely organized content. Good luck with using it really :P but it is so simple you fill in elements and it gets wrapped with box you can even change other things using css and sme modifiers.

Thank you for the validation tip... I will be updating this valid part to my website.. within about five minutes..... didn't think about putting divs there lol....