xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jackkkk26

Google's Search Statistics

I dont think google includes stats like OS and what Browsers people use because;This may result in Breaking googles Privacy Policy? by publicly showing of Private information,Or they may not show this information because This type of information and stats are worth some big cash.

I dont think google includes stats like OS and what Browsers people use because;

This may result in Breaking googles Privacy Policy? by publicly showing of Private information,

Mass-collected information whish is aggregated for statistical purposes and presented to the public is not in violation of ethical responsibilities regarding privacy, as it is not personally identifiable. A site may reveal that 40% of their visitors use, for example, Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.0; but that could be any 40% of their visitors, and as long as they are not linked to an IP address or other identifiable information, it is completely anonymous (there are exceptions, of course). It is advisable to note such practices in your privacy policy, but unless the policy explicitly states that you will not make available such information, then it is generally fine to do so.

Regarding Google's privacy policy:

We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.

And from their privacy FAQ:

What is aggregated non-personal information?

"Aggregate non-personal information" is information that is recorded about users and collected into groups so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user.

As such, for them to make such information as browser and OS usage available to the public would be perfectly acceptable. They obviously have other reasons for not doing so (or maybe they do provide it publicly somewhere that you and I just don't know about yet).

I didn't even know about half the things on that list but it is quite funny to see what people search for. I personally haven't search for anything like that but who knows?

that's interesting! I know lycos did somethign like this awhile back. generally its of little improtance though as they change so rapidly every week depending what's in the papers and on the TV.

hi dear friends am gaggu from india,punjab.i like google very much bkos this is more safe more cleare and small and fast search engine.so i like it.and always use it.Thank you !Have a nice day to all my friends..

it doesn't give enough search resultsit doesn't search very wellI can never find what I'm looking forI did search, but I don't think it's working properlyI don't like the way it searches, why can't it be like thisSo then they were told to use google in addition to the search, but the complaints were always the same in addition to:Can someone teach me how to use the google search, because I don't like the WP search facilityGoogle gives better results why isn't that included?So here we are, and it's now using google, it's actually better in that gives more results - something users wanted. If the USER is more specific about their search, the search will be better, and although it doesn't have the WP layout, it's still searching WP

This may result in Breaking googles Privacy Policy? by publicly showing of Private information,Or they may not show this information because This type of information and stats are worth some big cash.

Bigpops::::: xporta-03@yahoo.com :::::::: As a information junkie I have many and varied interests, so I could care less what stats any of the search engines keep. The only people that should worry about being tracked are the ones that feel guilty about something and are not smart enough to understand they are part of the statistical record every time they do a search. Furthermore, if some bonehead wants to tally my viewing habits, he better understand that I know hes doing it and not read to much in to that info. That is if he wants to be statically accurate and not just pass on bogas stats.