xisto Community
nummell

Installing Ffmpeg

Hi.I?m having a real big problem installing ffmpeg on my site...Can any of you guys explain to me (as if I was 10 years old) please...I would like to test it on one of my sites here @ trap 17 but I can?t install it...Thanks in advance

FFmpeg is a complete solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. It is a command line tool to convert one video file format to another. It also supports grabbing and encoding in real time from a TV card.

You will note that it is described with "command line tool" which is not available as a web hosting service.

This Open Source code seems to be installed in your localhost machine and not in remote web hosting machine.

Why would you need to? FFMPEG is a tool used for converting videos between formats, and has very little, if anything at all, to do with web hosting. Perhaps if you explain exactly why you need it, we might be able to help more or provide an alternative.

I need it because I?m testing a site like you tube and ffmpeg needs to be installed for the script to work...So I have to install ffmpeg on my host...The problem is that I don?t want to buy hosting that already has ffmpeg installed until I?m shure that the script works...So I want to test the script in my Xisto hosting account.Xisto doesn?t have ffmpeg installed so I need to install it...Do you know if it?s possible to install ffmpeg on your host??? And how to install it???

FFMpeg is not installed nor will be installed since it will require command access for your hosting. This is not available for Free Web Hosting, No Ads accounts.It is, however, available for Xisto - Web Hosting accounts but as you said it is a paid hosting account. Therefore, you should modify your strategy to fit your testing needs.Have you considered making your own server with unix/linux OS? We have various tutorials that demonstrates running your own PC webhosting service.