xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deepod

Fitness Plan

I'm 33 years old, gone from about 145 pounds to 160 pounds since November, I like to work out, have a home gym (w/treadmill), don't mind dieting, and I want to race a couple of times this summer (running & MTB). What should I do? - Earn your points for best answer... don't just point me to a website!:rolleyes:

You should 1st make a routine, starting whit the most important thing, warmin up your muscles, then you should focus on the main plot, pecs, biceps and triceps, doing some exercises like Christs and flex, to enhance the chest, an example, Biceps on Monday, Triceps next day, and stuff like that, always had a free day to relax and you do need some cardio at your age too... anyway if you need more just PM me...

I'm 33 years old, gone from about 145 pounds to 160 pounds since November, I like to work out, have a home gym (w/treadmill), don't mind dieting, and I want to race a couple of times this summer (running & MTB). What should I do? - Earn your points for best answer... don't just point me to a website!
:)

So you are trying to get big, you know big muscles and stuff? or are you just trying to keep healty, cuz i mean if you are trying to get big deffenetly you have to start to eat alot, probably around 5-6 times a day, hit does weight every day, but only work your body parts once a week, your muscles need alot of time to recover, we dont grow while we lift weight we wrong while we eat,rest, and sleep, so you would want to have more than 8 hours of sleep, around 10 would be great if you can. when its time to work out your legs those muscles you work them by themselfs do your calves and your hams. the same day. work them really hard to get best result do over do it dough.

Hey everyone! Im on a crack fitness plan as i am planning on joining a new military unit with much higher standards, i was wondering if i can get some recommendations for steps to take to meet my goals.Here is my current level:Run 2 miles in 16 min35 push ups in 2 min50 sit ups in 2 minI started working out again about a week ago, doing the above. Before i hadnt worked out in several months.What i need:The ability to run 5 miles at any given time (not easily or willingly, but be able to survive it without vomitting prefferably)50 push ups in 2 min65 sit ups in 2 min12 pull ups one after anotherThe abillity to climb a 20 foot rope without the use of legs or feet at least once.Any reccomendation on how rigorous my routine should be? I havent worked out except for the past week, and the mass of my strength is lower body, I have legs of a hockey player but an average sized upperbody.The unit goes on 5 mile runs at least 3 times a week in the morning (in full uniform, boots and all) the after words plays sports, then trains on combat techniques until roughly 6 pm, this involves marches of minimums of 5 miles, and the common punishment is having to run to the see and return with a canteen of sea water, then run back to poor it out. the see is about 4 miles away and this is punishment foor poor performance, at midnight and we away at 4 am in the morning (this is of course the introduction course for my unit)of course nobody can do this without a problem when they first arrive but the goals i have above are the levels i must be at when i arrive.

You must shoot for endurance or "time under tension" when it comes to muscle contraction and development.  If you have to run 15 miles a wek then train for 45 a week.  Stadiums are a great was to build leg muscle and endurace while increasing cardio abilities.  For the push ups...Move to the flat bench and do "100's".  do as many as you can without stopping...Subtract that number from 100 and that will be your rest period.  then go again for as many as you can..Repeat until you get to 100.  This is a pectoral blast and should be done only twice a wek.  Do pushups with feet raised and place a tennis ball on the floor underneath yo.  Drop down to touch your chest to the ball before rising.  As far as pull-up.  Get as lean as you can while maintaining muscle mass for a good power to weight ratio.  Pullups must be done routinely to get better at them.  You can buy a pull up bar that hangs in a door fram for cheap.  They work great.

Semper fi and good luck