xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Seidhrith

The Glory Days Of Snes Cant quite describe it...

Now, this is just personal opinion...See, i recently found my old SNES and the decent library of SNES games one day. I decided to plug it in, and try them out for old times sake. It really made me realize how much i miss those old games like Super Mario World (which i had for GBA), Dragon View, Double Dragon, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Mortal Kombat, and others. See, its just something about the SNES that still exists. Even though we have all these far move advanced consoles out now, along with really amazing games, i have to admit i do miss the simple 16-bit graphics, sort of like a classic arcade. From what i understand (i could VERY well be wrong), the SNES still has the largest game library to date.Does anyone else miss the good old days of the SNES, or is it just me? (maybe im just crazy :rolleyes: )

You are not crazy man, its very true. Old video games rocked. Back then the games were amazing because it was not all about the graphics. Game Developers back then did not have much that they could do about the graphics so they concentrated in original and fun gameplay I guess. I also got my snes out the other day and had a great time playing super mario world. Its probably one of the best games for the console. I actually like it a whole lot more than super mario in the gamecube.

ahhhh... remember the old days? Those 16-bit and even those 8-bit colour games were the best... The game developers really made the games good, asnd remember the 2-bit game... um.. um... Pong? that game was the best and what about games like space invaders? those games were extremely good ideas...

space invaders and centipede were amazing. i remember playing them on my atari. and all the games for sega dreamcast. those were such good times. i remember playing racing games and sonic and simple games like that that didnt need the great graphics because they were amazing without them. i really miss the 90's. so many good things happened.

Heh, I remember hating the SNES kids, because all I had was an NES that my parents would never let me use becuase I fought with my brother and sister over it. The only real times I even got to use my NES was when teh family was playing Super Mario Brothers 3 or when I was playing against my father at Gemfire.

Ah, I know how you feel.I have not lost contact with my good old days of SNES because I have an emulator and play my games at school sometimes.I do love them, but I wouldn't go back to only having them. I love them just as much as I love my awesome Playstation and PC games; just because they are different doesn't mean I can't like them both.Glory days, they are behind AND ahead of us!

I remember those days, vaguely though. I was really young. I think I only had a NES though, but I had a huge bookshelf of nothing but NES games though, it was pretty fun, but then something happened to it and we ended up selling everything. They definitly did make good games back then, too bad today's games aren't always that great.

The glory days were definitely something I cherish now that we have moved onto bigger but not always better things with newer consoles and updated graphics. I would say better, but graphics that look amazing but act like crap are not better considering some games are so bugged down that the game is almost unplayable, but the graphics themselves could be acceptable. When it all comes down to it, the game needs to leave a memorable feeling to the gamer in order for it to be something special, and there are many games that have done that for me. I remember...Tetris AttackEarthboundSuper Mario WorldSF2UniracersMario KartThere are many games I would consider amazing that are more playable than games we have right now, that's because the developers of SNES titles knew how to get the job done. They had nothing on these new developers.

you make me very jealous man! every time I think about smashing a Goomba or a Koopa, or playing the old-as-hell Contra games, I get all antsy. to you I bow down, you've still got the power to play these games (as long as you could get them!).it's true what FLaKes said, anyone old enough to remember the SNES, and to of had spent days on it will think back to it and go "DAMN! WHERE'D MINE GO?!?!" and which that they could get one. it's a thing people from that time have. not once have I gone back and gone "Gee, where'd my gameboy go?" or "wow, whatever happened to bad 3d?" something about that time is sooo desirable!this makes me want to risk getting a fake SNES from Ebay :)