xisto Community
mrdee

Glitch On This Forum? [resolved] Picture not showing up

Hello,I hope this is the right place to post this, I couldn't find any other place where this would fit.Weeks ago, I uploaded a picture to go with my username.Yet I notice it does not show up, only when I click my username on the left of the forum, it shows up.I did notice that with other users, their picture shows up next to (or underneath) their name.I was wondering why this is happening.Thanks.

where did you upload your avatar? At a image host? or from your computer? Also what browser are you using? Have you check your firewall settings as well? Because sometimes firewalls may block images sometimes; mcafee did that me for awhile once I figured out how to correct it. Think about these questions and see if anything rings bell and maybe that will help provide us with some more information on your problem.

Take a look at my user information on the left. I have a picture of a penguin. Now take a look at my profile - the image on the left is of Weird Al Yankovic. These images are two completely different settings. The penguin is called an avatar. The photo of Weird Al is called your Personal Photo. The one which appears next to your posts, as you can see from my example, is your avatar.

To set your avatar:

Click on My Controls at the top of the forum.

On the left hand side, under Personal Profile, click Edit Avatar Settings.

Select one of the defaults from the gallery, upload a picture or provide the path to one.

The image you select as your avatar appears next to your posts. The image you select as your Personal Photo only appears in your profile.

Topic is resolved.Please PM any moderator to continue this discussion. Until then, this topic is closed.