xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
varalu

Black Out

Google users in the San Francisco Bay Area will notice today that we "turned the lights out" on the Google.com homepage as a gesture to raise awareness of a citywide energy conservation event called Lights Out San Francisco.
On Saturday, October 20, 2007, Lights Out San Francisco invites the entire city of San Francisco to install one compact fluorescent light bulb (CFL) and turn off all lights for one hour, from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm PDT. According to estimates, turning the lights out in San Francisco for even one hour could save as much as 15 percent of the energy consumed on an average Saturday night.

Given our company's commitment to environmental awareness and energy efficiency, we strongly support the Lights Out campaign, and have darkened our homepage today to help spread awareness of what we hope will be a highly successful citywide event.

For more information on this visit the below links
https://www.google.com/lightsoutsf/
http://lightsoutsf.org/

i think this is a pretty good idea i would love to see wat would happen if they tried this nation wide or maybe even world wide :P that would be very interesting.but the bad part of it is that even in san fransico i dont think every body's going to try it. and another thing is it just lights as of light bulbs or stop using other electrical stuff like tv and our computes too.